JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The biggest problem with you tube reloading vids is weeding out the actual professional, informative ones from Clean Earl & Lew Bob's reloading retreat in the corner of their ge-rage.

I learned to reload long before the Internet but I've watched a few vids and many are not real educational in that it's mostly the people showing their system or ways of doing things and not really focused on teaching the basics and fundamentals.

The biggest problem with you tube reloading vids is weeding out the actual professional, informative ones from Clean Earl & Lew Bob's reloading retreat in the corner of their ge-rage.
The sponsored channels are easy enough to find, but it was one of those ge-rage guys channel that taught me how to "DIY" remove my first stuck case at 11pm without a remover kit so I could make it to the range the next day.

diy removal.jpg

Thin metal rod to fit inside than remove the decap pin, insert rod and hammer it out.
I couldnt pull the decap pin assembly back out past the now undersized neck. The ge-rage guy just said to "dont go too deep or you'll mess everything up" when drilling out the primer hole to tap. I was "reeel" careful and it worked so I thanked ge-rage reloader guy and finished loading for the next range day.

Yes, you can read and watch video's all day but until the time comes that you pull that handle and feel the case being sized or bullet seated or applying proper crimp it's just nice to have someone else there with you....IMHO
This ^^ is a huge part of it.
I am in Portland and wouldn't mind going over the basics of reloading. I charge one beer per hour :cool:
And we understand the beers are for after the loading process. :)

Do NOT get your reloading advice from someone that will sit and drink while they are reloading cartridges that can (and will!) blow half your face off if you screw up. Alcohol and gunpowder don't mix. When you're all done, sure, knock a couple back.
Jus' my two cents worth.

I'm a couple hours south of Portland but do teach reloading. A couple of questions, do you want to get into reloading because you can't find ammo? If so, the componates are hard to come by as well. Do you want to get into reloading to save on the cost of ammo then you need to ask yourself what your time is worth compared to just going to Bi Mart and getting what you want. If reloading is an expansion of your shooting hobby and you want to make better than factory ammo then the cost and time works out with the satisfaction of a job well done.
I like do get these done myself. Save
Am part owner of High Desert Cartridge Company in Goldendale Washington, am open to having you stop in and show ya what we know.

PM me if interested
I'd be interested. I'd have to make a day coming out there though

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews