JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd purchase a couple of mainstream reloading manuals and read the instruction chapters from beginning to end. They both will cover the same material, but present it in a slightly different way, aiding understanding.

That way you will get a full, detailed understanding of the topic, in a logical well thought out sequence and avoid gaps in knowledge that would come from working a few hours with another reloader.

After that using the forums here, YouTube, and things like face-to-face with another reloader will quickly reap greater levels of understanding.

Hope this helps

Nothing beats knowledge from the prehistoric members here. Uggghhhh
I can't believe you wrote that Jim! :s0140:

reloading classes portland??
I always inquire if people that want to start loading their own ammo are mechanically inclined. If you work on your own stuff, car, fix the washer/dryer, replace a water pump on the car, change your own oil. Have a decent set of tools? Then loading your own ammo is really quite easy.
If you have to call Triple AAA to change a tire, have a tech install wiper blades on your car, then I would hope you have above average intelligence in other ways and you can get all you need from a couple of books on loading your own.

I'm a couple hours south of Portland but do teach reloading. A couple of questions, do you want to get into reloading because you can't find ammo? If so, the componates are hard to come by as well. Do you want to get into reloading to save on the cost of ammo then you need to ask yourself what your time is worth compared to just going to Bi Mart and getting what you want. If reloading is an expansion of your shooting hobby and you want to make better than factory ammo then the cost and time works out with the satisfaction of a job well done.

Myself and another long time long distance shooter are planning on putting on some reloading classes this fall/winter.

I used to teach classes in my garage several years ago and it was a lot of fun and it was always nice to make a couple extra dollars since we were raising 4 children at the time.

I developed my own curriculum and half the class was learning all about the process and the other half was actually pulling the handle and each student walked out with 50 rounds of pistol ammo that they loaded themselves.

I have been considering starting this up again but with the prices and availability of components I'm not sure how easy it would be. Yes, you can read and watch video's all day but until the time comes that you pull that handle and feel the case being sized or bullet seated or applying proper crimp it's just nice to have someone else there with you....IMHO

224.JPG 223.JPG

.223 and 30-30 mostly.
I learned how to reload by asking questions in this forum. Several members here are very experienced and have been a wealth of knowledge for me. I'm still fairly new too, but components for .223 are cheapest and widely available I just went to town on that. I asked a lot of questions here as I went along. Then I was able to develop a load for my 30-30 in just a few range sessions, ready for fall hunting.
Take advantage of any offers above, but dont hesitate to jump in on your own asking questions here along the way. Go slow and work up from the bottom of published load data and you will be fine.

I used to teach classes in my garage several years ago and it was a lot of fun and it was always nice to make a couple extra dollars since we were raising 4 children at the time.

I developed my own curriculum and half the class was learning all about the process and the other half was actually pulling the handle and each student walked out with 50 rounds of pistol ammo that they loaded themselves.

I have been considering starting this up again but with the prices and availability of components I'm not sure how easy it would be. Yes, you can read and watch video's all day but until the time comes that you pull that handle and feel the case being sized or bullet seated or applying proper crimp it's just nice to have someone else there with you....IMHO

View attachment 1262498View attachment 1262497
very cool. lmk if you start up again

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews