JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday I attempted to reload some .45 APC. It is mixed HS brass and I was surprised when I couldn't get a large pistol primer to seat into the primer pocket of Blazer brass. After taking a closer look I noticed that Blazer brass uses a small primer. SO..... my question is, do I use a standard small pistol primer or do I need to use a magnum pistol primer?

Thank you in advance for you assistance

I also use regular spp with no issues. It is a bit of a surprise the first time it happens though... especially when you are priming mixed head stamp brass and then all of the sudden...

I was curious about them too after I heard a bunch of internet hype. Loaded a bunch up with my pet power pistol load with both 230gr. Fmj and jhp's and shot them over my chrony. About 10fps yes 10fps slower out of my ruger p90. You are good to go.:s0010:

I still don't understand why CCI decided to make that caliber SPP when the rest of the industry uses LPP, I can't imagine they save that much by the change. From what I read 45acp originally was designed with SPP but that was quickly abandoned for LPP.

First off... it's ACP not APC.
Automatic
Colt
Pistol

+++++

Then, about the small pistol primers. I've heard that it was so they could use a new type of primer (across the board). Read as: Safer primer. When you shoot indoors....nasty stuff/gases gets expelled. But, I only heard that.

If it was about the about $. That would be even easier to understand.

Aloha, Mark

I think the op probably fat fingered the P before the C... at least I know I have been guilty of that.

I actually read the same thing regarding the emissions from the primers being the core reason for the spp use. I am not sure I believe that it makes that much difference if that's the rationale however... God help us if some twisted number cruncher decides that primers are the source of climate change :eek:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top