JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is the reloading bench I built. This is the prototype. I built a better one for my father-in-law.

ReloadingBench_zps4ddea401.jpg

They are in the top cabinet. They bolt down with the plastic wing nuts on the left side of the middle doors. I have three presses and some other equipment On universal plates that attach on ether side of the bench.

Looks Great....The only thing I think you're going to need to add is more light. Notice how your light shines down on the back of the bench and not right where your presses will be. I like to have a good bright light shining directly down on my press. I'm single stage loading on an old heavy desk and use a cheap swing out clamp on light from IKEA (same light from Freddys was $29.00 and $9.99 at IKEA) with a CFL bulb.

Mike

That is a nice bench. Do you have it anchored to the wall?
I found that I liked a thick top and anchoring the bench to the wall, especially when resizing magnum cases.
How deep are the peg board drawers and cupboards?

Very nice job. I bet you could find a lot of work building reloading benches in your spare time. :s0155:

Am I the only guy who noticed the bottle opener on the lower right?:drunk:

Disclaimer: MISTER SAFETY SAYS: "WHOAH JOHNNY! SAFETY RULE NUMBER ONE IS GUNPOWDER AND ALCOHOL DON'T MIX!"

(This from a guy who has a beer holster on his horse saddle: my horse has assumed the role of "Mister Safety" on more than one occasion, and in slightly more definitive and immediate terms.)

My cuz gave it to me and I had to mount it somewhere. I don't even drink bottled beer.

As for attaching it to the wall this bench is very heavy and doesn't budge. The top doors are 6" thick for easy access storage. and the top cabinet is 12" deep and the middle cabinet is 7" Deep for dies, scale etc.

I am nothing short of impressed with the creativity and workmanship shown here. Sidetracking on the bottle opener deal, a neighbor had a 9 year old kid over here last week, and I had to show him how to operate my vintage Coca-Cola opener (much like yours). It was a survival skill in my childhood. I guess it's a survival skill for me to this day (but not toward Strawberry Nesbitt).

I agree that with good weight of accoutrements and supplies, no anchoring is necessary. My bench is an old solid-oak schoomarm's desk. For the youngsters, these 250lb (empty weight) behemoths were just as common as bottle openers upon an olden time.

With the drawers filled with bullets and brass, the thing is an immovable monolith. Deadshot2 may be more comfortable with my "F" in neatness:
P1230122.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top