JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well...

I have two presses. I have one on the right and one on the left. Some presses have a preferred side to operate from. One press is to have you on the left and one is to the right. Each is in their respective place on the bench.

I think it's kind of like eye dominance -- you simply work better from one side or the other. Clamp it to your table temporarily and see which way it feels best. With my RCBS, you can easily put the lever on the right or left. I have mine near the middle of the bench and have found I use it equally from either side. On my Lee Classic, and Hornady LnL AP presses, the levers are on the right and they are mounted on the RH sides of their respective benches.

Where do you put your powder thrower?o_O
I put mine to the right of the press, which is on the right also.o_O
Sounds strange, but I have it clamped to a board sticking out from the bench.:confused:
I pick up the case in my left hand, put it under the funnel and swing the lever with my right hand.
then my left hand places the case into the shell holder and reaches for a bullet. Right hand seats the bullet.
Case , powder, bullet, seat...One at a time. Never a chance for a double load. All my right hand does is,
move the levers.:)

Press on the right, powder on the left.

ReloadBench1.jpg

Say say your setting up a small reloading bench. Your right handed and your press is single stage. Would you prefer the press to be on the right or left side?

You know... you need to throw us a bone here.

Questions:
  • Are you right or wrong handed?
  • What kind of press?
Adding photo of earlier right and left presses. I have 20" between the bases.
1D844DBA-3515-4C81-95DE-0BE1DB4EAD9A.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top