Reloading bench pics

Reactions
So with that picture you seem to be saying, "Here's my loading bench, but I'm not going to load anything. THAT might mess it up!" :)

Yeah, Yeah, I know. There are people that like to keep their work areas neat and tidy.
Or I’m a competitive shooter, rifle cartridge designing wildcatter, NRA certified reloading instructor. Tens of thousands of rounds come off of this bench but I’ve learned to clean up after myself so it’s not a mess to start with the next time.

Last edited:

Eliatodd

Reactions
Not even a year into reloading yet but, as you can see, the bug bit me hard. Fun hobby! I have tried a couple setups of my bench but found I like having the presses on a stable cart that I can spin around when doing different set ups.

The bench is an old post office sorting desk from the oregon coast.

20210117_205413.jpg

Mikej

Reactions
Or I’m a competitive shooter, rifle cartridge designing wildcatter, NRA certified reloading instructor. Tens of thousands of rounds come off of this bench but I’ve learned to clean up after myself so it’s not a mess to start with the next time.
I just have a much smaller space. But I'll tell you, when it comes time to deal with adding the necessary components together to make quality, safe ammunition I'm damned serious. I clear my work area enough to get a job done. It's just that between loading sessions the bench gets used for other things and will get somewhat cluttered I will say though, my work area just has more "Personality" :)

You seem to have a thing about those of us who like surgically clean ammo/gun breeding grounds... :D:D:D
I was originally more of a "Mechanic" type personality. The old sayings "Never trust a skinny chef or a clean mechanic" come to mind.

Reactions
Not even a year into reloading yet but, as you can see, the bug bit me hard. Fun hobby! I have tried a couple setups of my bench but found I like having the presses on a stable cart that I can spin around when doing different set ups.

The bench is an old post office sorting desk from the oregon coast.

View attachment 809756
:s0112:
Looks like a Harbor Freight Universal Bench Grinder Stand on a HF furniture dolly :s0092:
That stand is a good buy with a 20% coupon for $24.
I built a riser for mine and use it for my drill press.
IMG_1133.JPG
Very sturdy and more than $100 less than the Lee 3 legged stand ;)
:D

Reactions
Well....... the walls look nice! I really like the dust cover on your powder measure. I like the way everything is organized.... books in the middle, presses out front, wifeys cake pans on bottom shelf, spray lube within easy reach, only thing to change would be moving the trophies front and center!
The reloading bench pic's threads are always 1 of my favorites on the forums do we have 1 here yet? I did a search and nothing came up...:huh:

OK ill thow my mess up here and lets see what you all got

View attachment 185040

View attachment 185042

Reactions
I have been looking through this thread for Ideas. I'm going to move soon out of CA. I currently have half of a two car garage for reloading and tool storage. As part of this move I want a dedicated reloading space. And I want it built out with shelves , cabinets, benches, etc that are dedicated to only reloading. In looking through this thread I think I want light colored floors and walls. My current setup is dark! And it makes dropped stuff hard to find!
I have saved a commercial hood vent for the casting area. And a stainless deep sink. Other than a attached rest room what else should I be looking for? DR

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Great work threading Tikka barrel
    I dropped off my Tikka to have Tim thread the stainless barrel. GREAT work. Excellent communications. Highly recommend Tim. Very good value for...
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Helpful and Handy
    I have shopped, transferred, bought, browsed, or merely stopped in for a friendly hello or two, and every time without fail I left feeling better...
    • 10mm
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Definitely recommended
    friendly people, great prices on guns ammo tools, jewelry, other pawn shop stuff, always been easy to deal with
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Responsive, courteous, great comms and absolutely reasonable!
    Bought a firearm from a local NWF's member and as I live in Idaho it had to transfer through a local FFL. The Seller picked A Cut Above... The...
Top Bottom