JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My room is a walk in closet in a place not normal for a closet at all. No window and between the actual wall structure and sub structures on both sides of the wall in place they would have to dig through 2 feet of stuff to reach the goodies. The door is the most accessable part of the room and is the one part I want to improve. I been thinking on this project much longer then I should have. Time to get it done.

If you want to go a little "over the top", you could remove the door and install one of these:

<broken link removed>

A standard height (framed opening 83" X 36") door with super secure features.

My new door and frame won't be far off that deadshot. Maybe lacking the pretty stencil on the front. The locking method will how ever be very similar with a key instead of a combo.

I'd do it except I don't want a visit from the Fire Marshall for being just a teenie bit over the limit on powder. Love seeing plastic shoe boxes being used for a good purpose. I got 30 of them and had to fight to use them for something legitimate (not shoes). Pegboard is great, too. And lots of reference books.

Told my son if hes going to shoot'em hes gotta help reload'em too!! He's a heck of a goo decapper and sizer not quite ready for full loading yet but he will get there. Wish my dad wouldve taught me to reload.

Of course little sister wants to help too

004.jpg

Here is my beginner / portable / keep the wife happy set up. It all, well most of it fits in a tool box. If you on the fence about reloading just do it! I wish i would have started years ago.

PB030373.jpg

P1010387.jpg

Technical difficulties prevent Me from showing a pic , but My son and I have a Dillon 650 and a Rockchucker that We keep pretty busy ! .223 , .22-250 , .220 swift , .243 , .280 , .308 , 30-06, .300 win mag , .300 rum , and all the pistol and revolver calibers .

I really like your set up oregonty the island reloading table really looks like a space saver when I get to redo mine { hopefuly soon when i get a shop built} I think I may barrow that idea very nice set up sir..

Thank you very much. I have been through several remodels of the reloading room to find a setup that works well for me. I often have several people reloading with me and this accommodates us well. The room is 12x12. I do all the case prep boring stuff at the end so I can watch TV and use the reloading presses at the other end so I cant watch TV and be distracted.

I manufacture those items. Along with the double swivel bullet tray.

I see someone else likes to store their dies somewhere else but the boxes they came in. I have some similar "holders" that just sit on the bench. Made them from some 1/8" steel formed into a "U" shape. Drilled 7/8" holes with hole saw. Since the dies for my progressive are mounted in separate tool heads, for each caliber, I keep a separate set of dies for "load workup" at my single state. These "holders" are great for this purpose. Also cuts down on the need to find more cupboard space for the die boxes that in many cases hold only one or two dies although built for four.

Here are a few of my humble setup.
Under all the benches are stored ammo cans,most of them full.
In the 3rd picture you will notice 2 screw top cantainers that are normally used for dog food,i have them full of corn cob and walnut tumbling media(bought from Skydiver in bulk).
Sort of messy right now,been doing some reorganizing to utilize the limited space i have.
RK

Misc_Pics_of_reloaing_room_013.sized.jpg

Misc_Pics_of_reloaing_room_014.sized.jpg

Misc_Pics_of_reloaing_room_015.sized.jpg

Misc_Pics_of_reloaing_room_019.sized.jpg

Man, after seeing how nice some of y'all's reloading setups are, I feel like I may as well be reloading my ammo in a soup kitchen or a dumpster or something.

I've got a warped shelf and a busted up garage sale desk that I have to brace with a 2X4 when sizing certain calibers so it doesn't break any worse than it already is. I have loaded in excess of 10k rounds with this ghetto setup though......very, very slowly.

Man, after seeing how nice some of y'all's reloading setups are, I feel like I may as well be reloading my ammo in a soup kitchen or a dumpster or something.

I've got a warped shelf and a busted up garage sale desk that I have to brace with a 2X4 when sizing certain calibers so it doesn't break any worse than it already is. I have loaded in excess of 10k rounds with this ghetto setup though......very, very slowly.
You're not the only one. My set-up is in a computer hutch. :s0114: I needed something that will save some space, and that I can lock up because my 2 year old daughter absolutely loves anything mechanical.

DSC4378-M.jpg

Hers mine in the kitchen, who need a table when ammo needs to be made..
Looking at getting into a dillon 650 for my 45 acp and 223, will keep 308 on the single stage.

STA70009.jpg

Here is the evolution of my reloading bench: I started by building the NMRA bench

2011-02-24_11-18-36_554.jpg

Mounted my Hornady LnL AP to the right side of the bench.
2011-02-24_15-25-18_643.jpg

Picked up a second, older LnL AP on eBay for $150 and mounted it to the left side of the bench. I use the right side press with the casefeeder for all my small primer calibers, and the left side press for large primer calibers. I also mounted a Lee press mount to attach and detach various accessories as needed (single stage press, case trimmer, etc.)
2011-12-08_11-51-07_559.jpg

Showing a RCBS RCII installed in the Lee press mount...my CasePro 100 is next to be added.
reloadingbench.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top