JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are we allowed to update our pictures if we make changes? :D... Well, during the "snowpocolypse", my work shut down and I had some free time, so I decided to paint the ugly cabinets and put down a new table top on my already existing bench. I also enclosed the ugly bench where I have my bench grinder and 2 vises. I've been working on my garage for a long time now and it's finally starting to feel like a real man cave. When I'm home, most times you can find me working in the garage. Usually reloading or working on guns. Here's the new look:

IMG_0934_zpsqz7oilbd.jpg
IMG_0938_zps05ktnsln.jpg

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Ok
I'm gonna hand out some FRIENDLY advice to all, I just can't let this one go Brothers.....

As a former volunteer firefighter and being a reloader .

PLEASE STOP STORING YOUR PRIMERS WITH YOUR STASH OF GUN POWDER!

I for one would not want to save your home and then discover how you stored your reloading components.

Let alone LOSE I MY LIFE because of the way you STORED your STASH. So when nobody's home and the engines pull up, I sure they will not see the sticker saying ( powder primers and 10k of loaded ammo inside) Next to the sticker that says PETS INSIDE.

Common Sense, a whoosh is better that a BOOM.

I can't be the only one that keeps them separated.

Be Safe, and pound that handle !

Check - primers now stored with the lawnmower gas and powder is now on the other side of my garage next to the arc welder and oxy acetalyne...

JK - this bears repeating

I just started so I'm not ready to post a pic of my whole bench yet, but I did want to show y'all the rig I devised for my presses. I wanted to be able to switch out a couple different presses and be able to remove them easily. I put in three 1/4" bolts with a nylon lock bolt near the front of a bench top. I drilled out two 2x4 lengths to attach to these bolts with wing nuts...I had to widen those holes to to make room for the nuts. The left is for a Lee SS and the right is for a Dillon SDB, which has to have a 3" longer overhang to fit the bench.

IMG_3100_zpsqoc3hiwc.jpg

Here's the Lee:

IMG_3103_zpsdvnfobw5.jpg

And the Square Deal B:

IMG_3101_zpsddpewb26.jpg

The 3" overhang allows for the primer cup. The last photo shows how I had the install the press off-center on the 2x4, toward the right side. The reason for that is to provide clearance for the Failsafe powder bar, which runs along that side.

IMG_3102_zps7zctabdw.jpg

I set this all up yesterday and today in my 35-degree garage, staying close to my Mr. Buddy heater. I went through five propane canisters over the last couple days, but I have a good setup and my dies are all dialed in for some future 40 minor reloads.

Last Edited:
I just started so I'm not ready to post a pic of my whole bench yet, but I did want to show y'all the rig I devised for my presses. I wanted to be able to switch out a couple different presses and be able to remove them easily. I put in three 1/4" bolts with a nylon lock bolt near the front of a bench top. I drilled out two 2x4 lengths to attach to these bolts with wing nuts...I had to widen those holes to to make room for the nuts. The left is for a Lee SS and the right is for a Dillon SDB, which has to have a 3" longer overhang to fit the bench.

View attachment 336017

Here's the Lee:

View attachment 336018

And the Square Deal B:

View attachment 336019

The 3" overhang allows for the primer cup. The last photo shows how I had the install the press off-center on the 2x4, toward the right side. The reason for that is to provide clearance for the Failsafe powder bar, which runs along that side.

View attachment 336020

I set this all up yesterday and today in my 35-degree garage, staying close to my Mr. Buddy heater. I went through five propane canisters over the last couple days, but I have a good setup and my dies are all dialed in for some future 40 minor reloads.
Nice
You need to get an adaptor hose for that Mr. Buddy and attach the 20 pounder propane tank from your grill;).
:D

I actually have one of those hose adapters, and 4 propane tanks:eek:, but then I'd have to figure out a way to get it through the wall without allowing cold air in. This heater is one of those prep things I just thought I'd go ahead and use so it doesn't just sit there like so many prep tools end up doing. I have a couple dozen canisters from WinCo that are easy enough to replace next shopping trip.

It does occur to me now, that I should get a can of that expanding foam to have around for that moment I am FORCED to drill a hole through my wall for that hose because the power's out for a week or month.

I actually have one of those hose adapters, and 4 propane tanks:eek:, but then I'd have to figure out a way to get it through the wall without allowing cold air in. This heater is one of those prep things I just thought I'd go ahead and use so it doesn't just sit there like so many prep tools end up doing. I have a couple dozen canisters from WinCo that are easy enough to replace next shopping trip.

It does occur to me now, that I should get a can of that expanding foam to have around for that moment I am FORCED to drill a hole through my wall for that hose because the power's out for a week or month.
Why would you go thru the wall? Why not just put the tank inside?o_O Not gunna hurt a thing

I wasn't loading ammo, only setting up the presses and dies, and making a few 40S&W dummy rounds for dry fire practice. I bet that a million space heaters have been used safely next to reloading benches around the country, though.

Is it just me that get's the heebie-jeebies thinking of having fire in the same proximity as high explosives?
I just use a ceramic heater that plugs into the wall, doesnt put off as much heat as I would like.. but it does help, and if i knock it over it auto turns off, That thing is so sensitive that if I try and adjust it, it turns off.. and there is no hot coils or direct flame..

I've read that they are not safe indoors, the tank, itself. Im not sure why that would be the case, but ive read that in multiple places.
It is good to have ventilation as the regulator can pass gas so to speak.
My bench is maybe 10 feet from my fireplace. It's not quite the same as when using chemicals that put off vapors. Just don't get wild with your powder.
And I guess keep the primers and powder separate

Yeah, there are these things called UEL and LEL (upper and lower explosive limits) for materials that offgas... You have to be between those concentration points to have any excitement... Above the UEL and the mixture is too rich to ignite and below the LEL the mixture is too lean to ignite...Not very likely unless you open a 55 gallon drum of powder in a small room and/or throw it in the air in front of a fan... Which sounds like a way to make it on the Darwin Awards:eek:

Are we allowed to update our pictures if we make changes? :D... Well, during the "snowpocolypse", my work shut down and I had some free time, so I decided to paint the ugly cabinets and put down a new table top on my already existing bench. I also enclosed the ugly bench where I have my bench grinder and 2 vises. I've been working on my garage for a long time now and it's finally starting to feel like a real man cave. When I'm home, most times you can find me working in the garage. Usually reloading or working on guns. Here's the new look:

View attachment 330530
View attachment 330531

Have a Merry Christmas!!
i have the same seal puller that you have!

I only use mine when I absolutely have to...... I'm not a mechanic, but my biological father was. I've always felt like if man put it together, man can fix it....:

0304142004_zpseee6dbbc.jpg

I use my reloading room for many things. Some great hobbies and sometimes just plain ol work....
stackheightwithj44295_zpssmlrvbn2.jpg
IMG_0895_zpsfc93a764.jpg
IMG_0902_zps2314f0e2.jpg
100_zpsux9qu588.jpg
105_zpsafiobd6r.jpg
115_zpsa02583c1.jpg

Awesome thread guys. Keep the pictures rolling in...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads