JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My hunch is he's looking to use bullets for the British 303 as it's .312" just like the 7.62x39. Don't know if there's a 303 bullet light enough, though.

Plenty of reloading info in your re-loading manual. Chance Um'.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....BTW, IIRC.....
My 7.62x39mm die set even came with an extra expander to use with .308" bullets.

Well....someone....TRUSTS what people say on the internet.

Aloha, Mark

Of course.....in the end, everything is, "Up To You".

Last Edited:
Us built ar in 7.62x39, what's your load? Brass,primers, powder,projectiles?
I would think the .312 bullets will swaged down if you can get them to chamber. Pressure could increase so I would start with beginning load data for the bullet weight. I purchased some 154gr factory Wolf 7.62x39 ammo before so I would start with 150gr .312 bullets if you have them.

The only reason I would use .312 bullets for 7.62x39 is if they were 150 gr and were free or all but free. As far as data, find a published starting load for .310 bulets of he same weight and knock a grain or 2 off for the bigger diameter bullet and work it up. Rarely is there a safe shortcut when it comes to reloading.

If anyone is curious, these load up great in 7.62x39 cases with rcbs .310 expander button used in sizing. Forgot I bought them months ago and finally got around to trying them. .312 pojectiles might be pushing it though.

27F0104A-9AB6-45AB-AC60-9AF558EA3251.jpeg

Last night I looked at my RCBS reloading die set for the 7.62x39mm.

Note what I discovered. Post #45

Aloha, Mark

Or you can use a VLD (Very Low Drag) inside neck chamfer tool.
This avoids the (harder) brass shaving (softer) bullet jacket as it is seated. Between the sharp-angle chamfer and the self-centering of the seater plug, the bullets should start without drama. If you are getting buckled case necks, you might be seating too fast, the expander plug may be too small or bullet diameter may be too large. Such tools are used by accuracy/match shooters.

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 6.01.17 PM.png

Last Edited:
Don't uses 303 British projectiles. You can try to squish them through a Lee .311 sizer or .308. But really, just get some good 110gr or 147gr .308 projectiles and use the .308 pin on your sizer die and load those up with the appropriate powder charge per your powder manufacturers data. AA 2200, AA 2230, AA 1680 and many others are suitable powders. Accurate has data you can print out. If you need to sub, get some .308 200 gr projectiles.
Berrys had some 7.62x39 311"s , but I didn't like how rounded their nose was. Extreme is supposed to be having 125 gr for 7.62 sometime soon according to what they told me a while back. That was a couple months ago, so I imagine fairly soon. They were getting the equipment setup for it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top