JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody successfully loading the 5.7x28? How are you cleaning/prepping the brass? I have dies and have saved up lots of brass over the years but never really jumped in. I use an AR57. 56F9BA19-C5C1-4CAD-8ECD-EB816DA0B9F0.jpeg

Last Edited:
I have always this was a really bad idea as the cases have lacquer on them to help with also function of the pistol. As that lacquer starts to wear it increases the pressure. Luckily I was able to speak with FN about this or a rep and he stated it as true "some what" when I asked define some what the guy did not have time to discuss unfortunately so I have always left it alone. But if you are still interested this may help Journey Of Reloading The 5.7x28mm | Day At The Range

I've loaded this little number before. A guy I knew was a reloader but couldn't get it right. He asked me to load some for him, he provided the dies. From the article linked above, this important information:

"One other thing to note; the Redding die uses an incredibly tight neck tension – mine was .005″ undersized from the bullet diameter. That's the tightest neck tension I've ever seen on a factory die.

I imagine this is to compensate some for the inability to "glue" the bullets into the casing. Yes, you read that right. The factory actually GLUES these bullets in to the dang casing, on factory ammo. No one really seems to know what type of glue they use, and I don't think anyone has ever tried to replicate it. I'm content with the redding decision to run .219″ inside diameter on the neck. (Bullet diameter is .224 so this gives .005″ neck tension – or, in other words REALLY DAMN TIGHT.)"

It's been my impression that nobody at FN ever envisioned this being a reloadable cartridge, even though it is centerfire.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top