JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First time with this caliber, loading 250 grain lead flat nose bullets on top of 6.2 grains of bullseye. Boy that case is big! The powder looks so lonely sitting in there. I was using unique in my other calibers, but I couldn't get it to throw consistant weights. Bullseye is spot on, meters out very nicely. It's been a while since I've done any reloading, so I tweaked a few cases getting set up and had to break down my rock chucker and clean it up, lube it and put it back together. Of course just when I got going work called and I have to head in, dammit!

As with any reloading: no radio, TV, grandkids, wives or other distractions. .44-40, .45 LC, .45 ACP and other pistol rounds just beg "double" charge. I know you know this, but we've all had or witnessed big bangs that destroy guns and can injure. Good luck with my favorite cartridge and welcome back to the fun side of shooting.

Almost 50 years ago, a friend gave me about 100 .45 Colt rounds. They were quite old even then, are balloon-head, but have smokeless powder. Am guessing early 20th century. Strangely, I've never actually owned a .45. Still, I would not want to stand in front of them!

1653115621017.png

I'm also a fan of the 45 Colt. Although I haven't loaded extensively for this cartridge; I tried a few powders when getting started with it for plinking loads in a few lever rifles and carbines, and a Ruger Vaquero. I mainly have been using Universal under a 250 grain RNFP coated lead or plated bullet.

I enjoy knocking down steel silhouettes with these, with a good solid ringing sound upon impact!

tap on your measure top settle unique in i'ts the goto powder for your round, a fuller case ignites better. The two just go together. I've been loading .45 colt for years, what a fun round to shoot steel with

One of the things I like about the 45 Colt is I can load down to 160 gr bullets with light loads of Tight Group powder. TG is the least position sensitive of any powder I have tried.
Or as heavy as 350 gr bullets in a carbine loaded to the lower end of 45-70. [Think Trapdoor loads] These will take anything I should be shooting at!
Or any weight in-between. DR

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads