JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a .32 winchester special that I reload. I had some 30-30 brass that I fire formed to use in the .32 win. I now have a 30-30 and was wondering if I could reverse that brass so I can use it in the 30-30? Also, what are some good loads for using 150 gr. Hornady round nose in a older Marlin 336 30-30?

Thanks for the help.

I have a .32 winchester special that I reload. I had some 30-30 brass that I fire formed to use in the .32 win. I now have a 30-30 and was wondering if I could reverse that brass so I can use it in the 30-30? Also, what are some good loads for using 150 gr. Hornady round nose in a older Marlin 336 30-30?

Thanks for the help.

Theoretically you could resize the brass again to .30-30 dims, BUT... I'd worry about workhardening the brass to the point of making it brittle. Brittle brass would crack around the shoulder/neck, potentially causing some erosion damage to the chamber. With .30-30 brass being pretty inexpensive, I personally would pickup a couple of 100 packs, and get on with my reloading.

I've stuck with 170gr in my .30-30... and have used 3031 as my main levergun powder. Check your manual.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top