JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a .32 winchester special that I reload. I had some 30-30 brass that I fire formed to use in the .32 win. I now have a 30-30 and was wondering if I could reverse that brass so I can use it in the 30-30? Also, what are some good loads for using 150 gr. Hornady round nose in a older Marlin 336 30-30?

Thanks for the help.

I have a .32 winchester special that I reload. I had some 30-30 brass that I fire formed to use in the .32 win. I now have a 30-30 and was wondering if I could reverse that brass so I can use it in the 30-30? Also, what are some good loads for using 150 gr. Hornady round nose in a older Marlin 336 30-30?

Thanks for the help.

Theoretically you could resize the brass again to .30-30 dims, BUT... I'd worry about workhardening the brass to the point of making it brittle. Brittle brass would crack around the shoulder/neck, potentially causing some erosion damage to the chamber. With .30-30 brass being pretty inexpensive, I personally would pickup a couple of 100 packs, and get on with my reloading.

I've stuck with 170gr in my .30-30... and have used 3031 as my main levergun powder. Check your manual.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top