JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for someone who reloads and has a lot of experience reloading to trade once fired brass to for ammo in exchange on a regular basis.
i have heard horror stories about reloads getting stuck in the barrel and someone shoots the next round into it due to an inexperienced reloader so i dont want to deal with any rookie loaders that will hurt my kids or myself but if you know what your doing and your close to aloha/beaverton area and interested i shoot alot of .308,223
and some 7mm mag.
i mostly want 308 for me or 223 for my daughters,i have a few hundred 308 cases
and 150'ish 223 cases now but we shoot a lot so we can keep you stocked up.
all cases are quality ammo like remington,federal,nosler.
we pick up our brass after shooting but they are not cleaned or deprimed or anything.
let me know if your interested.
thanks doubletap007

Willamette VAlley Firearms use to buy used brass by the pound. Then you could apply to new or reloaded ammo.
They do not reload every caliber.
I do not remember what they gave you for the brass - not a lot. Call them for their rates

Uh don't forget the legal aspects of this. Pretty sure it's illegal to manufacture ammo for someone else without all your ducks in order with the unnamed 3-letter agency. Most common brass has been selling for almost scrap prices lately so I doubt you are going to find anyone jumping on this "opportunity"

This is getting into the area of selling reloaded ammo. Which is a big no no. maybe not if a single trade is made but if this is done as an on going deal and made to order then it is illegal. If I understand the laws.

I have been reloading for family memebers and a few close friends for years. They provide all of the componats. I get a percent of the loaded rounds. If the caliber being reloaded is not usable by me we exchange brass that I can use. At this point I do not worry about running out of brass or ammo. Winter time I have nothing better to do then reload. Beats the heck out of setting on my couch watching TV.

thanks for the info guys,i had no idea it could be illegal to trade self loads but it makes sense now that i think about it.
i never have trusted reloads but just fired some and they worked ok so thought i might try some more.
i can see how the liability could be a problem though.
thats why i love nwfa because there is some good knowledge and experience here.

Was it $2.00 a pound? Seems like it was about 50 brass for each relaod?

The other advantage to Willamette or some other commercial upplier - Most have gone through certification and are going to be a little more careful of what they load.

I saw Willamette hold back a batch of S&W 40 reloads because they found a faulty primer in a batch. So I ended up having to buy std materia; since they would not release the reloads

It could be done and probably happens all the time.But you would have to have a ton of brass to even start the trade going.
Plus,unless he has a progressive press,well even then,it is time consuming.

Brass may be cheap but it's the other components that will sway the deal against you.
You know,bullets,powder,primers,ATF,unless the guy doesn't smoke then just the alcohol and firearms.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top