JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since im not a reloaded, i would leave that up to the buyer to make it fair both ways. Im still old school and go by a handshake and your word. Thats all you really have in this world

I just thought if something. I would get bonus points with the wife if you had a little 380 to swap out ,in or whatever. If nit its ok and yes. Can you come ti OC? Usually meet up in the Albertsons parking lot

[QUOTE="Lasers, post: 2671041, m
If you really want to shoot someone else's reloads, I'd disassemble 10 and weigh out the charge and get an expected per round weight... Then run each round on the scale. Should at least keep you from a double charge.
[/QUOTE]

Have you actually tried that? I did, with MY OWN loads. I weighed the cases, considerable variations in the rifle/handgun brass I checked, not only between brands, but in the same lot of brass and different lots of the same brand. Same with bullets, weight a bunch and see if they are all whatever. and not +/-. Know all the cartridges are charged with the same powder? Really? How? Just because the first five or ten or whatever are loaded with powder X doesn't mean that the rest are not loaded with powders M, G , and Q, and if any of them are WAY overpressure when fired. Pull a few random military cartridges of the same cartridge out of the collection and pull the bullets, NOT unusual to find several different powders being used. All are safe of course, but differing weights.

If YOU feel safe doing that, more power to you, but I don't recommend other people do what I do either.

On reloaded ammo--- I see it sometimes 'factory reloaded'. Is that any better?

Generally I think "Factory re-loaded" is more of a term used by us. The official term for "Factory" produced re-loads would be "Remanufactured". I know it's just words but.....
Ammo produced by licensed legitimate manufacturers is considered safe. The general rule as far as unknown, good old "home-boy reloads" goes is, don't shoot them.

Generally I think "Factory re-loaded" is more of a term used by us. The official term for "Factory" produced re-loads would be "Remanufactured". I know it's just words but.....
Ammo produced by licensed legitimate manufacturers is considered safe. The general rule as far as unknown, good old "home-boy reloads" goes is, don't shoot them.

Thanks! And, now I have learned a new term :)

Have you actually tried that? I did, with MY OWN loads. I weighed the cases, considerable variations in the rifle/handgun brass I checked, not only between brands, but in the same lot of brass and different lots of the same brand. Same with bullets, weight a bunch and see if they are all whatever. and not +/-. Know all the cartridges are charged with the same powder? Really? How? Just because the first five or ten or whatever are loaded with powder X doesn't mean that the rest are not loaded with powders M, G , and Q, and if any of them are WAY overpressure when fired. Pull a few random military cartridges of the same cartridge out of the collection and pull the bullets, NOT unusual to find several different powders being used. All are safe of course, but differing weights.

If YOU feel safe doing that, more power to you, but I don't recommend other people do what I do either.

Yeah, I did with a big batch of 38 special my uncle had reloaded and given me.

I knew (*trusted) that the same powder and projectile was used, the variance was higher than expected, but never enough to think there was a double charge. At the end of the day, the safest thing would always be to disassemble and reassemble

I'm careful about my reloads. I take precautions most don't. I use an RCBS single stage press and throw powder by hand, one at a time. I visually check each round every 100 rounds. No radio, TV or pets (or wife) in my loading area. Mostly .223/5.56 and .45 ACP so checking is easy. Perfect? No, but my sons will inherit several thousand rounds that can be shot with confidence. IF they so chose.

I bought a bunch of 45 ACP ammo from a guy called Dealmaker several years ago. The name should have been a giveaway. The deal was a little sketchy and at this time of the year where it was dark when we met. I wasn't cool with the whole thing, but completed it just to be on my way as quickly as possible. Got home to find it was reloaded ammo from "who knows where". I still have that stuff. Never even took it out of the zip lock bag. Figured I'd either break it down and use the components, or sell it as components for someone else. No way I'm putting that stuff in my gun.
There are other times I've gotten reloaded ammo from a very trusted source and I've used it like it was my own.
If I don't know the loader personally and trust that person implicitly, it's components, not ammo.

I know it's risky but I've been extremely lucky with other peoples reloads I've had only had one time when the ammo was deemed not safe to shoot. It was some .223 loaded with 77 grain military bullets and I was told they were on the hot side so that should have been a clue to just hand them back to him. But I shot about 3 of them and blew out one of my gas rings out the exhaust hole in the BCG. It locked up the gun. I gave the rest of them back and told him what happened. I hope he tore them down but I don't know what he did with them. No damage other than the gas ring which I replaced.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top