Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Reloadable brass prices

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Frankenrifle, May 6, 2013.

1. Frankenrifle

Frankenrifle Clatskanie Active Member

I'm curious as to why brass is going up in price. Even range brass, dirty and un-tumbled is commanding a 50% increase in price from just 6 months ago. I can understand new production, or once fired-decapped-tumbled-lovingly kissed brass going for a little more but these prices have me stumped.

Edit; I know it's probably just a symptom of the current drought of ammunition of all types but I was just curious as to why even range brass is commanding a premium.

2. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

Somebody likely thought that if ammo prices are up, why not components? They raised their price and still got a buyer. A hundred monkeys later, it's normal.

bcdon and (deleted member) like this.
  3. vertical ascent

vertical ascent Vancouver Active Member

Because some people are desperate enough and some are hoarding and they're willing to pay for them. Personally, I won't pay for any higher than .10/case of .223/5.56

Supply and demand in effect.

4. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

As ammo supply dries up, people turn to reloading. Increased demand will naturally result in increased cost for bullets, casings, primers, powder and equipment. Certain die sets are hard to find right now.