JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you sure it's a 110? Those are long action. My savage in 6.5 that I just made some loads for is a model 11 which is short action. A lot of load data suggests using IMR 4350 or H4350 with a few other regular players popping up, roughly 40 grains of powder.

Are you sure it's a 110? Those are long action. My savage in 6.5 that I just made some loads for is a model 11 which is short action. A lot of load data suggests using IMR 4350 or H4350 with a few other regular players popping up, roughly 40 grains of powder.
Yes. Its 110 ultralite. Comes with proof research 22" carbon fiber barrel. Mine is 6.5cm short action. Wanted to know what the ogive was this this rifle and caliber. Yes, hear a lot of people using h4350 and 40-41gr. The only thing i could get orders of was staball 6.5 powder. Still waiting for that to be shipped to me.

So.... if you already know the answer, why ask the question? If you wanted to know ogive info, you should have asked about specific bullets. NOT cartridges or rifles.

So.... if you already know the answer, why ask the question? If you wanted to know ogive info, you should have asked about specific bullets. NOT cartridges or rifles.
Each type of rifle and round might be different? Looking at the 143gr eldx which is what i currently shoot from factory.

I assume you are looking for seating depth recommends with the 143 eldx? Every rifle is different even within the same make and model. What I would do is start .010" off the lands with all loads and play with powder charge to find wide node indicating stable combustion. After that you can play with seating depth to dial in on harmonics. You might have better lucks having mods move this to ammo/reloading section.

Most likely your max coal will be governed by your box magazine dimension. So start with the bullet at max oal that allows it to feed from magazine, making sure this seating depth does not jam bullet ogive into lands. Use this length to find correct powder charge and then experiment with slightly deeper seating depths to tune harmonics.

You'll have to just perform a ladder test and see what works best. It's not always what should work best either. Mine ended up loving the 130gr Berger VLD. After a single ladder test I found a load using H4350 that was consistently shooting 1/8-1/4" groups at 200 yards.

You'll have to just perform a ladder test and see what works best. It's not always what should work best either. Mine ended up loving the 130gr Berger VLD. After a single ladder test I found a load using H4350 that was consistently shooting 1/8-1/4" groups at 200 yards.

Unless you were shooting .125 projectiles, an 1/8" group is impossible. Even with a 1 shot "group." I understand what you're getting at but let's not exaggerate

Unless you were shooting .125 projectiles, an 1/8" group is impossible. Even with a 1 shot "group." I understand what you're getting at but let's not exaggerate

Screenshot_20210712-103637_Instagram.jpg

Why does the bullet get scratched close to the end of the neck? It's just that one spot not all the way around. It's after i loading and pulling the bullet back out from my rifle. Not sure where it's touching on the way out.

Snapchat-1052556267.jpg

Anyone that was curious these were my results. Didnt have a chronograph to measure velocity.

42.5gr staball
Sig brass
143gr eldx
Cci 200 primer
2.165" oal from ogive - matches factory hornady ammo
Group .5"

42.5gr stall
Sig brass
143gr eldx
Cci 200 primer
2.205" oal from ogive
Group .25"

Need to reload more with 2.205 oal from ogive. Only had 4 rounds loaded for testing. Groupings looked real good. Was able to harvest a buck this year with one of my handloads.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads