Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Reliable Taurus ?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by quietken2000, Jan 25, 2010.

1. quietken2000

quietken2000 Springfield Member

close thread

2. Retro Adam

Retro Adam N PDX New Member

I wouldn't use one for self defense. But if you like the way it feels and shoots, then that should be good enough. I had a friend who had one and put MANY rounds through it and he never complained of its reliability.

3. quietken2000

why would you not use for self defense ?
    thanks,
    ken

4. Bello425

Bello425 Vancouver Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I've been doing some research on the Taurus also, but on the PT 145, .45ACP. From what I've read you either get a good one or you get a paper weight. I've owned and shot Taurus Firearms for years from revolvers to semi's in all metal, and never had any issues. but with that being said is the "new" generation good/bad/ok in particular the polymer semi's?

5. quietken2000

im trying to close this thread but once again im not getting something right i dont have the option to close it under thread tools.:huh:

6. Spad

Spad Kennewick,WA, the desert side Active Member

Why close it, some of us have had good experiences with our Taurus pistols, my PT111 has been working fine. Good to hear positive stuff too.Spad

7. Retro Adam

Retro Adam N PDX New Member

I think I spoke too quickly on not using one for self defense. I can be a bit label shy when it comes to self defense issues. If I had one and it fired reliably, I would carry it.