JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just out at Wed, 12/19/2012 - 4:58pm (ET)

Army Course Manual Trains Soldiers to Confiscate Constitutionally-protected Firearms:huh:

In addition to revealing how the federal government and the Pentagon will respond to civil disturbances – in violation of the 1878 Posse Comitatus Act – the United States Army Military Police School’s Civil Disturbance Operations document instructs the military to confiscate weapons from American citizens.

Earlier today, Paul Joseph Watsonexamined how the military will be used to “quell riots, confiscate firearms and even kill Americans on U.S. soil during mass civil unrest.” The military course document outlines how military assets will be used to “help local and state authorities to restore and maintain law and order” in the event of mass riots, civil unrest or a declaration of martial law.

The document instructs soldiers to deny Americans – specifically, “rioters” and “dissidents” – the right to exercise the Second Amendment during a government declared “civil disturbance”:

A main consideration in the conduct of civil disturbance operations is to prevent liquor, drugs,weapons, and ammunition from falling into the hands of rioters. Therefore, liquor stores, drug stores, sporting good shops, pawn shops, and hardware stores are main targets for looters and must be kept under close observation by means of foot and motorized patrols. Normally, businesses of this type must be identified in advance and included in emergency plans. (Emphasis added.)

Moreover, the document instructs soldiers to protect “control force personnel and civilian dignitaries in the disturbed area” from the violent behavior of “radical or extremist elements” by denying access to “armories, arsenals, hardware, and sporting good stores, pawnshops, and gunsmith establishments, or other places where weapons or ammunition are stored. To conserve manpower, consideration may be given to evacuating sensitive items, such as weapons from stores and storing them in a central facility.”

In other words, during martial law or a government declared civil disturbance in reaction to “radical or extremist elements,” guns will be confiscated and held by the military.

In 2005 in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, the New Orleans Police, National Guard troops, and U.S. Marshals confiscated firearms. "Guns will be taken. Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns,” New Orleans Police Superintendent Eddie Compass declared as he prepared to violate the Second Amendment. The National Guard conducted warrantless house-to-house searches in direct violation of the Fourth Amendment.

Katrina served as a beta test and was codified in course material the following year by the Pentagon and published in Civil Disturbance Operations document (released in April of 2006). The instructional document, however, does not use a natural disaster as a premise to confiscate constitutionally-protected firearms, but rather "civil disturbance planning" as did earlier documents under Operation Garden Plot, otherwise known as United States Civil Disturbance Plan 55-2.

There is a PDF manual as well not sure if putting the link to it is allowed on here.

I'm a Marine Vet and every time I read these irrational bullbubblegum stories about shadow helicopters and the military being trained to kill off our population it makes me shake my head at how stupid someone can be.

And I was at Katrina, the "warrantless" searches were in destroyed homes looking for survivors and if we found guns that were out in the open we secured them and turned them in to local police to be returned to their owners. Give it a rest with this crap, this is why the antis think we are all bubblegumin crazy people. This is a gun forum, not an anti-government hitler youth party.

Just keeps on getting worse. The posse comitatus act has been stepped on so much for so long it by now must be unreadable.. It may be time to figure out what to bury or hide and what to give up to show compliance.

I'm a Marine Vet and every time I read these irrational bullbubblegum stories about shadow helicopters and the military being trained to kill off our population it makes me shake my head at how stupid someone can be.

And I was at Katrina, the "warrantless" searches were in destroyed homes looking for survivors and if we found guns that were out in the open we secured them and turned them in to local police to be returned to their owners. Give it a rest with this crap, this is why the antis think we are all bubblegumin crazy people. This is a gun forum, not an anti-government hitler youth party.

Apparently you didn't see the video of cops handcuffing people and taking their guns in plain daylight from the rich neighborhoods of New Orleans, as well as the cops who literally shot Americans trying to cross the bridge to get out of the city.

And you didn't see all the firearms that were confiscated and left in barrels to rust into uslessness during Katrina? It was on the frotn page of one NRA magazine. Did you not hear about the results of the lawsuit that the NRA and others had to file to stop the illegal confiscations? Didn't you see/hear about the 80 something year old woman that was thrown to the floor and her handgun illegally confiscated during the illegal disarming of citizens after Katrina?
Guess you missed all that? What about the ones shot on the bridge?

Amazing how many people want to re-write history to fit their agenda.

Yeah sorry, I was delivering food and medical aid to people. Next time I go to a disaster site (and I am on a volunteer disaster relief team) I'll be sure to infringe on the rights of a few people so your generalizations hold water. Come to think of it, all gun owners must be murderers because, didn't you see on the news there were a couple shootings recently.

Rewrite history?!? I was THERE. Were you?

The question is how many current us military members will follow through with that. Some will defect to the pro 2nd amendment side thats for sure. Though I dont know how many or a percentage, but itll be quite a lot. Then you have the retired veterans that are hardcore followers of the Constitution then you have the regular citizens after them. I read somewhere that quite a few current military ppl dont like the current pres, so there a little hint right there

The question is how many current us military members will follow through with that. Some will defect to the pro 2nd amendment side thats for sure. Though I dont know how many or a percentage, but itll be quite a lot. Then you have the retired veterans that are hardcore followers of the Constitution then you have the regular citizens after them.

Oathkeepers is the organisation you're looking for. From what I've seen and read, a noble cause.

I can appreciate your response, however this was released by a news agency not some radical BS site I would not have posted it otherwise. I also served so lets stop the bullbubblegum, you know and I know we are told what we "NEED" to know and nothing else.
There is a new breed of military just like there are of LEO's. You can believe what you want it is a free country. However to serve you do not need to believe you need to follow orders and every one who serves is on a need to know, and you and I both know that.
I have no idea if there are black helicopter or whatever, and I doubt you were in deep enough either or you would not be talking about it in an open forum. So like I said lets end the BS, you and I are both proud of what we did great, but that does not mean everyone who serves does respect why.

Unfortunately when you have a professional Army as opposed to a conscript army you have big problems. The professional Army is more interested in protecting the government in power than the people it serves, conscript armies are not. The biggest mistake we ever made was to eliminate the draft. Instead of thinking soldiers we now have ones that only obey orders and do not think. It is more dangerous for democracy than anything else. It is a step down the road to a totalitarian government and the older I get the more I see it.

Perhaps you've missed the fact that some NO cops got convicted of murder during the Katrina aftermath?

Really??? Huh, because according to a REPUTABLE news source (Danziger Bridge jury form details charges against 5 guilty NOPD officers | NOLA.com) there were in fact 5 police officers convicted in the shootings at Danziger Bridge. Seems we have conflicting views of this. Do you have evidence to show they were not convicted?

Sorry, do you work for Eric Holder or Dianne Goldman Berman Feinstein? Just curious because, you exhibit the same believe whatever someone tells me rather than actually acknowledge facts as their respective staffers.

You're right, Fox News, MSNBC, and NPR are SOOOO much more reputable. Kook or not, I judge Alex Jones by his fruits- he's pro-freedom and presents more honest information than almost any other source I can think of.

Which news agency, because the only "news agency" I found was infowars, which is in fact a radical BS site run by one guy, Alex Jones.

So many posts but not enough facts. For the record, during katrina the military did not confiscate weapons. In fact they flat out refused to disarm citizens during that time. It was local LE that confiscated and destroyed peoples firearms. The anti gunners took the opportunity to push their agenda and it worked for a short time with the police being the bullies.

And yes, norm0931 is correct. Those cops were tried and convicted of murder of what would seem to be a ambush by police if you seen the video footage.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top