JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Background checks are a "feel good" knee-jerk reaction to make everyone feel like they are doing something. A background check would not have prevented this last tragedy nor will it prevent future ones. Taking care of the mentally ill in this nation might be a better place to start.

Don't forget, politicians aren't about anything else except getting elected and staying in office. So, if the polls show 9 out of 10 Americans favor background checks everyone is going to make a great show about trying to reach an agreement blah, blah, blah and nothing of any consequence to either side will be passed--but each side will be able to use it for their own purposes in the next election cycle. It's all smoke and mirros.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000003

Call these people, let them know your opinions. I've called and left my thoughts against any legislation on the 2nd.

These senate (R) have agreed to back the globalists and pass gun control legislation

John McCain - Arizona (202) 224-2235

Kelly Ayotte - New Hampshire 202-224-3324

Jeff Flake - Arizona (202) 224-4521
(this is the freshman just Elected )

Johnny Isakson - Georgia (202) 224-3643

TOM COBURN - OKLAHOMA - He negotiated Background Checks 202-224-5754

Dean Heller - Nevada 202-224-6244

Susan Collins - Maine (202) 224-2523

Lindsey Graham - South Carolina (202) 224-5972

It looks like the Bill is on its way to the house if this story is true

We will see Thursday

I fear it is true and hope the house will stand up and do the right thing

Unfortunately with 60 votes not even the promised filibuster will have a chance.

All of them are traitors

But..., these are republicans wanting to implement gun control - it isnt possible because they got that party line thing that says that they are against gun control. Dont tell me that the republicans are as bad as the democrats. That there really isnt a difference between the two parties - they will both do what ever it takes to get elected.

James Ruby

But..., these are republicans wanting to implement gun control - it isnt possible because they got that party line thing that says that they are against gun control. Dont tell me that the republicans are as bad as the democrats. That there really isnt a difference between the two parties - they will both do what ever it takes to get elected.

James Ruby

There is not a difference between Republicans and Democrats are the same for the most part. They just have slightly different extremes. For example, the Democrats right now are trying to restructure cut medicare, and the Republican's want nothing to it. Yet the Republicans want to kill Obamacare, and of course the Democrats want it.

Do you see the difference? Uh.... wait, what?

I see that the party line / party makes very little difference as there are good and bad on both sides of the isle.

James Ruby

They are all progressives, a D or an R doesn't mean diddly anymore. Other than we know the D's are unquestionably pushing for the destruction of the 2nd. As shown by the democrat strongholds that have forced the anti-gun bills through.

Graham and McCain are the Obamanations new lap dogs. Probably bought and paid for like Burdick and Prozanski,,,

Even if D's and R's are "all the same" there is still a slight problem with the math.

50 D's and 2 I's that are left leaning voting for gun control measures is the absolute majority of those folks in the Senate. 8 R's (and that includes Collins, McCain and Graham who are not exactly right-wingers) is far from the majority of right-leaning folks in the Senate.

But who's counting...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads