JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000003

Call these people, let them know your opinions. I've called and left my thoughts against any legislation on the 2nd.

These senate (R) have agreed to back the globalists and pass gun control legislation

John McCain - Arizona (202) 224-2235

Kelly Ayotte - New Hampshire 202-224-3324

Jeff Flake - Arizona (202) 224-4521
(this is the freshman just Elected )

Johnny Isakson - Georgia (202) 224-3643

TOM COBURN - OKLAHOMA - He negotiated Background Checks 202-224-5754

Dean Heller - Nevada 202-224-6244

Susan Collins - Maine (202) 224-2523

Lindsey Graham - South Carolina (202) 224-5972

It looks like the Bill is on its way to the house if this story is true

We will see Thursday

I fear it is true and hope the house will stand up and do the right thing

Unfortunately with 60 votes not even the promised filibuster will have a chance.

The Huffington Post, really? The Lefts personal propaganda machine right alongside Piers Morgan. We haven't seen and don't even know what the language will be in this so called "Universal Background Check Bill" because a final draft has not been published.

I agree about contacting your Senators and Representatives. I doubt that many Republicans Senators listed would sign on to something that's not even published just by word of mouth. I may be wrong, we'll see.

I believe some version on this background garbage is going to fly, we just don't know if it's sedate (school safety funding & mental health records), or radical (Private sales require NICS check and record keeping), I'm hoping that the sedate version if something absolutely has to make it thru. -G

I agree that Huff and Blow is a liberal propaganda machine. History has shown they'll vote for anything with out knowing what is in the package.

I believe some version on this background garbage is going to fly, we just don't know if it's sedate (school safety funding & mental health records), or radical (Private sales require NICS check and record keeping), I'm hoping that the sedate version if something absolutely has to make it thru. -G

I think so too. I heard Lindsey Graham on the radio talking about an online instant back ground check for personal sales/transfers he'd be O.K. with.

According to the U.S. Department of Justice, approximately 2-3 thousand people are killed by knives every year in the US.

"We need to have universal background checks on all people that purchase knives. We need to ban "assault" knives since they are obviously only needed by the military and you cannot hunt a deer with them. Anyone buying a knife for another person is a straw purchaser and this should be illegal. Knives should be restricted to the home and specifically the kitchen. The knife should be serialized and registered with the ATF. You can only have 10 knives. If we had knife control, we would not have the mass knife attack that happened on the Cypress, Texas college campus. If you could save just one life would you not vote for knife control?"

Arguments given to justify gun control and infringe on the 2nd amendment. Why stop at gun control?

Did you hear Reid talking today about his brothers gun suicide and how basicaly if their was a three day waiting period he'd be alive? This argument drives me CRAZY! Like there is only one way to off yourself. It makes me sick how the bleeding hearts believe it. If I had a terminal illness and wanted to, a gun would be my 3rd or 4th choice. :s0131:

I think the vote coming up is to decide if the chamber wants to debate or not. I think, politically, a lot of politicians are saying "yes" to debate, but "no" to the bills as it puts them in a better light.
Being able to say "we at least talked about it first before saying no" is a lot different and easier to sell to their constituents than "I refused to discuss it".

Here's an update on the stories and it isn't good.
Republican Senators Manchin and Toomey plan to reveal their background check proposal at 11 a.m. Wednesday. It is being discussed as a deal Chuck Schumer believes he can work with. Scary....
Manchin, Toomey Prepare to Unveil Gun Deal : Roll Call News

What's worse Reid thinks he may be able to block Paul's filibuster primarily with the help of five traitor Republicans.
Reid plows ahead on gun control legislation - The Hill
Statements by Republican Sens. John McCain (Ariz.), Dean Heller (Nev.), Johnny Isakson (Ga.), Lindsey Graham (S.C.), Susan Collins (Maine), Pat Toomey (Pa.), Mark Kirk (Ill.) and Kelly Ayotte (N.H.) indicating they would not support a filibuster of moving to the gun bill.

More phone calls and e-mails.

Butch

Here's an update on the stories and it isn't good.
Republican Senators Manchin and Toomey plan to reveal their background check proposal at 11 a.m. Wednesday. It is being discussed as a deal Chuck Schumer believes he can work with. Scary....
Manchin, Toomey Prepare to Unveil Gun Deal : Roll Call News

What's worse Reid thinks he may be able to block Paul's filibuster primarily with the help of five traitor Republicans.
Reid plows ahead on gun control legislation - The Hill
Statements by Republican Sens. John McCain (Ariz.), Dean Heller (Nev.), Johnny Isakson (Ga.), Lindsey Graham (S.C.), Susan Collins (Maine), Pat Toomey (Pa.), Mark Kirk (Ill.) and Kelly Ayotte (N.H.) indicating they would not support a filibuster of moving to the gun bill.

More phone calls and e-mails.

Butch

Slight correction: Manchin is a Democrat.

I think the vote coming up is to decide if the chamber wants to debate or not. I think, politically, a lot of politicians are saying "yes" to debate, but "no" to the bills as it puts them in a better light.
Being able to say "we at least talked about it first before saying no" is a lot different and easier to sell to their constituents than "I refused to discuss it".

That. There is probably support to have the debate, but not to pass. And if it does pass it'll probably die in the House.

I thought that the republicans would not support gun control - isnt that their party line? To me it seems one must be careful of the name calling because it appears the party line doesnt mean much and there are traitors on both sides of the isle.

James Ruby

Report: Background check deal reached, debate Thursday

The Washington Post is reporting that a bipartisan deal has been hammered out on expanded background checks that would not include transactions between private citizens, unless the transaction began with on-line service or advertising.

<broken link removed>

Yeah, but the debate is going to rage and opposition appears to be building...

Report: Background check deal reached, debate Thursday

The Washington Post is reporting that a bipartisan deal has been hammered out on expanded background checks that would not include transactions between private citizens, unless the transaction began with on-line service or advertising.

<broken link removed>

Yeah, but the debate is going to rage and opposition appears to be building...

Wonder if that would be extended to include sites like here that have classifieds.

Well, like most laws, it would have to pass through both the Senate and the House before the President can see it. I'm thinking it will never see the light of day in the House.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top