JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
78A578E6-C936-43FA-9B6C-5581DC2016E7.jpeg D36F5DE9-E87C-4A7C-AA2B-C4494A9355E7.jpeg I have a simple fixed-blade knife that I would like to get back in decent shape. It has some sentimental value to me. It was forgotten in a tackle box and in a decomposing leather sheath for probably 30 years. It is rusty and pitted.

What is the best way to clean it up and arrest the rusting and pitting?

Thanks

View attachment 574310 View attachment 574309 I have a simple fixed-blade knife that I would like to get back in decent shape. It has some sentimental value to me. It was forgotten in a tackle box and in a decomposing leather sheath for probably 30 years. It is rusty and pitted.

What is the best way to clean it up and arrest the rusting and pitting?

Thanks

Putt the blade in white vinigaror a couple days then brush off rust while wet with a brush of some kind.inspect and repeat if needed. The blade will turn blac but you can polish it up with 0000 steel wool and some mothers.

Putt the blade in white vinigaror a couple days then brush off rust while wet with a brush of some kind.inspect and repeat if needed. The blade will turn blac but you can polish it up with 0000 steel wool and some mothers.
My preference is apple cider vinegar. Don't know if it makes any difference, smells nicer anyway. Use it for rusty motorcycle gas tanks too.:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top