JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Want to protect your gun rights....

Be darned certain you are registered to vote....and then VOTE! It is disappointing and stunning how many people aren't registered, yet find time to chime in on these forums about how rotten things are....

If you own a gun and are not registered to vote then you are (finish the sentence below in your own words..:D )

(and don't forge to sign I-591 somewhere in the process....:s0155:)

New strategy: Register gun owners…to vote

As the political volume over self-defense continued to rise Friday with anti-gun Sen. Richard Durbin vowing to hold hearings on “Stand Your Ground” (SYG) laws, Bellevue’s Alan Gottlieb was smiling for a photo in his office.

<broken link removed>

Dollars and votes drive everything in this country. The more of each we have to leverage, the stronger our position is. With a LOT of recent wins, largely due to an email and letter writing campaign, people should realize how much strength we really have.

Anyone who really cares about the 2A should be doing everything they can to protect it. Voting and supporting lobbying interests (NRA, GOA, etc) contribute to putting pressure on Washington.

Vote. Write emails. Write letters. Then, do it again.

Very frustrating to find gun owners who don't vote.

I skipped a couple elections when they had tax measures requiring a majority turnout and not much of anything else.

Too bad we got rid of that law. Kept some tax laws from being voted in under the radar.

I skipped a couple elections when they had tax measures requiring a majority turnout and not much of anything else.

Too bad we got rid of that law. Kept some tax laws from being voted in under the radar.

Well, when you think about it, you didn't do the right thing. If you are AGAINST taxes, then vote against them. That is the only true gauge of how a public feels about a particular measure. Those who stay home don't really have a voice, even though they think they do.

Want to protect your gun rights....as I've said before, this usually means holding your nose and voting Republican. Also in smaller races and local positions pick the candidate that is the most conservative if the party affiliation is unclear. Some of these positions are stepping stones to higher offices.
Not a conservative? I didn't think I was until I moved to the Eugene area. Even you lib leaning people agree we need a little balance of power. Don't think your social/ecology issues will disappear overnight if god forbid we end up with a Republican Governor for a change. It doesn't work that fast.
You Conservatives that don't like Rhinos, whats the alternative? If it's all you got' go for it. Maybe their own rhetoric will eventually sink in to their heads. At least when fielding questions as to why they are not voting how they should our issues are getting some air time.

Not only vote but vote with the knowledge to know the persons past and policy's! I don't know how many times I have heard the words,,,,,,,,, Obama will not take guns, you are just paranoid! No not paranoid just informed! Well his past shows nothing else but a anti-gunner! Just a little searching on the internet would have set these people straight! Educate your self and make a informed vote! I look for a strong constitutionalist first in all the candidates with a record of being one.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top