JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These came out recently and Brownells had them for $510 OTD with a $50 coupon and free shipping.
Being some what of a Hi Power freak i could not resist. I picked it op on Monday and had not had any free time to do more that take it out of the box and look it over.

Finally got to spend some time with the BR9 today, Out of the box the trigger pull on mine was in the 8+ lbs range and gritty. I did the standard mag safety removal and that was a huge improvement and took me down to just under 6 lbs and no more grit. I also did a light polish on the sear and hammer surfaces with some 800 grit and installed a Browning ambi safety. The safety dropped in and worked great, This was a pull from a another gun that had about 1000 rounds on it.

I am very pleased with it in its current state, probably need to upgrade the trigger spring one day as it could have a little better trigger reset but for what will be a range gun it is very solid.

Found a set of Larry Davidson Bio Hazard grips in my stash and I think it put the icing on the cake as they say.

Now its time to schedule a range trip.

2uqzkt3.jpg
wtvqiw.jpg

Last Edited:
These came out recently and Brownells had them for $510 OTD with a $50 coupon and free shipping.
Being some what of a Hi Power freak i could not resist. I picked it op on Monday and had not had any free time to do more that take it out of the box and look it over.

Finally got to spend some time with the BR9 today, Out of the box the trigger pull on mine was in the 8+ lbs range and gritty. I did the standard mag safety removal and that was a huge improvement and took me down to just under 6 lbs and no more grit. I also did a light polish on the sear and hammer surfaces with some 800 grit and installed a Browning ambi safety. The safety dropped in and worked great, This was a pull from a another gun that had about 1000 rounds on it.

I am very pleased with it in its current state, probably need to upgrade the trigger spring one day as it could have a little better trigger reset but for what will be a range gun it is very solid.

Found a set of Larry Davidson Bio Hazard grips in my stash and I think it put the icing on the cake as they say.

Now its time to schedule a range trip.

View attachment 459405
View attachment 459406
I like those grips

I hear ya, Between work, building an outdoor kitchen for the Wive/Boss and trying to keep up my brewing schedule to keep the beer flowing i got no free time till mid June. I need to reprioritize and make some time.

Looks quite neat-o. Looking forward to more info.

Parenthetically, I was at a sporting goods store today and they had an original blued Browning Hi-Power in the case. My father had one, along with an Astra in 9㎜, back in the day. I've bought too many revolvers already this year (who am I kidding, there is never too many) and their price was a little high, so I couldn't justify the acquisition. But, man, what a nice piece. :)

The words Regent, Newark, and Turkey bother me. I would get all that crap refinished out (simple in stainless) and have a sterile gun with only the serial number left, so long as its legal to do so.

I picked one of these up as well and have enjoyed it the few times I've had it out to the range. So far, it runs well. As AndyH outlined above, I worked on the trigger a bit, and today, I installed some Craig Spegel grips. Time for another range trip!

87F29FAC-8EA5-40A3-9053-95120FFA0564.jpeg FEA06283-D7AC-4583-93B4-83DD6CB6824B.jpeg

I picked one of these up as well and have enjoyed it the few times I've had it out to the range. So far, it runs well. As AndyH outlined above, I worked on the trigger a bit, and today, I installed some Craig Spegel grips. Time for another range trip!

View attachment 664112View attachment 664113
Nice. I like that safety the best. Less likely to be moved unintentionally, one way or another.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top