JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to watch Django a few weeks ago, and it came to my attention that Regal Entertainment has a no weapons policy. Since I have my concealed license, I sent an email to Regal informing them that I will no longer be patronizing their establishment. I actually received a response, and I urge you to do the same. I've included the official response below.

January 23, 2013

Dear Mr. Patron:

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns regarding our facility security policies. Please understand that Regal Entertainment Group, with the assistance of safety experts and law enforcement personnel, has developed policies and procedures designed to provide the safest environment for our guests and employees. Rest assured these policies and procedures are not designed with the intent to inconvenience or otherwise cause hardship to our guests. However, we believe these policies appropriate to assure the general safety of all guests and employees.

Please note all law enforcement officers, whether on or off duty, are exempt from our gun prohibition policy in the theatre, as long as they identify themselves as such either by display of a badge or other identification upon request.

Again, thank you for taking the time to advise us of your concerns.

Sincerely,
Customer Relations Department
Operational Services
Regal Entertainment Group

^^ Ditto....

Concealed is concealed... I follow the "Dont Ask, Dont Tell" Policy... I dont give and F where or what says no weapons/firearms. they dont see it, i dont have it, unless its needed.....
I

Screw Regal Cinemas. If I chose to visit one of their rip-off palaces, I would carry no matter what the sign at the door says. However, I rarely go to a Regal Cinema because I don't like the high prices for shows, food and beverages, the noisy and unruly crowds inside the theaters, and the constant cell phone use by idiots. If I really wanted to ruin my evening, I can manage it without going to Regal.

They don't actually have a sign on the door. The sign was next to the guy taking tickets on the opposite side of the aisle, I didn't actually see it, as it was behind me when I was giving him my ticket. My wife spotted it.

I actually sent them this email:

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my concerns. I ask that you please consider the following:

"No weapons" signs are only followed by law abiding citizens such as myself who are licensed to carry concealed weapons.

There was a no weapons sign at the theater in Aurora Colorado. The Aurora theater was not the closest theater to James Holmes.

It is against federal and state law to carry a weapon on school property. Adam Lanza ignored these signs.

As demonstrated, mass murderers are criminals, and criminals by definition have a blatant disregard to laws and life.

I do not have a concealed carry license because I think that I'm a vigilante, or because I'm afraid. I have a concealed carry license for the same reason that I have home owners insurance, smoke detectors, and fire extinguishers. I have a concealed carry license such that in the highly unlikely situation that I ever need to defend myself or my family, I will have an edge on the criminal. I think that the NRA Director, Wayne LaPierre put it best, "the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

As previously stated, your no gun policy only bars law abiding citizens such as myself, and in no circumstances will I disarm prior to entering your establishment as long as you have these polices if you are unwilling to provide armed security guards. This being said, I will no long patronize your establishment, and I will also make this suggestion to the overall gun community.

Crap! Next they're going to tell me I can't bring in my own candy. :mad:

well i guess you missed the "no outside food or beverages" sign a long time ago, i just chose to ignore it but thats just me.:s0155:

as far as the policy, they cant really do anything but ask you to leave, in which case you make sure to get your refund. the beauty of rights and due process is that a non-state entity cannot deny your rights to you (to which those have to be done carefully as well). which of course means that should the need arise, pulling your weapon there will not land you in jail. so yea to hell with them. maybe even let a gunman shoot them so that later you can ask how well that sign worked. i think i would likely continue to go to the local regal on TV hwy because its the closest and cheapest theater in my area but when i have my CHL i will most certainly be carrying.

I see these signs all over, and choose to ignore them. I was picking up a friend from a very rough-and-tumble bar 10 miles from the nearest town, and there was a handwritten sign on the door that said "No Guns Allowed even with lisense! (sic)" I laughed a little as I opened the door and walked in.

So... the only people in here who have firearms are the ones who don't follow the rules... That's good to know. It's a good thing I follow the law, not the rules.

A week later, when I happened to go back to the same establishment, the sign had been torn off the door and not replaced.

A private company can do what ever they want. I have not been to a regal theater since I found out about there policy 4 years ago.

Money talks

My understanding is that in Oregon at least, you can carry anyway.

The business owner has the right to ask you to leave. If you refuse, then you're trespassing, but of course this applies to any situation.

I work a day or two a week at a retail store. Most people coming in the front door can't even understand the door sign that says "push," or "no back packs allowed", or "no hoods and sun glasses in the store". Sign placement is everything, and even if it is in front of your face, I will just join the crowd of brain dead who can' read these signs. " I did not see that sign"

We only go on Monday afternoons, seated in the back row with my 9mm and my small LED strobe flashlight in my pocket.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top