JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What disturbs me more is we are talking the right as law abiding people the right to carry in a movie cinema and rightfully so, and then in the same postings saying hey lets torrent movies ? :confused:.

Thanks for your concern over any risk you assume I am taking.

There are many ways to torrent content legally so your assumption that I am doing something illegal is an assumption.

I did elude to possible illegal content, but I have zero interest in modern pop culture and am more then happy to wait until movies are not in theaters to watch them.

Some laws are ment to be broken, or we would all be the sheeple that are scorned here... Would you surrender all of your guns if it became a law?

Taking up arms against the British Royals was illegal as well 200 some years ago; now we get to have guns and pizz about how our rights are being takin away little by little.

Last Edited:
The real reason is they are checking for Goobers, Snickers bars, popcorn, bottles of wine, and any other comestable. Must keep up those profits since they don't make money on the show.

Nope. The gal completely ignored the bottle of Snapple in my wife's purse. Right on top of everything. Me with the S&W... I had to answer the call of nature a few minutes before the end of the movie, and my wife was saying that a woman was having an energetic discussion with the manager about opening her purse. Lady, three words: conceal carry purse.

There is an easy way to combat this stupidity. Buy a cheap purse and fill it with your pets poop make sure it's not visible so they will have to put their hand in it.

Then once they are in it. Ask them politely if they found anything dangerous.

Why even support the theatres. I cannot comprehend why anyone would want to, or why anyone even bothers to support airlines anymore. It has to be the masochistic gene in them.:mad::confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O:mad:

Vz4xLAV.jpg

thats a strawman argument, Regal doesnt have any such policy. All Im saying is their policy to check all bags at the door is not sexist.
It is not a straw man argument. My point is that, despite Regal's claims that their policy supposedly applies to all people, it is being implemented in a manner that causes 95% of the people who are searched to be women.

Haven't purchased a movie ticket or gone to the theatre since 11/2008....(the one exception might be "The Passion of the Christ"), I used the money for other "things"...:D

No plans to ever go again....I have lots of other "things" to buy..

I came in and looked at this without logging in and there was a movie coupon at the bottom of the page. ?????????????? Now that is funny

upload_2015-8-23_23-40-36.png

I edited my post to keep things on topic.

(New edit )

I think everyone should understand their rights and realize they do not stop just because someone says so. Not a business, not a person.
I have fought too long and too hard for the rights I have, and well. I can rent movies legally for about 3.00 at a video store or stream Netflix for 9.99 a month and eat my own popcorn and beer hotdogs at home for 1/8 the price.

The best way to end their anti games is to hit them in the pocket book.

:s0042:

Last edited by a moderator:
ROFL, Well my friend you did not clarify or help others understand your motive.
But you and I both know you can not download movies that are showing in a Cinema and download a legal torrent while it still playing.

Well best of luck, but don't call me for your bail o_Othere always those who think they are above the laws until they get caught.
As far as some laws are made to be broken are you seriously going to compare my 2nd Amendment right to one by passing laws to download movies ? First the Bill Of Rights does not protect ones right to take anothers property real or electronic.

I am not saying every law is perfect but one makes there own choice when they decide to break one, and your posts was my concern others may see this as a easy way and its not easy, and in many more cases not legal. My concern was not for you it was for others to be aware of the hot water they can get into very easily.

PS don't drop the soap in the showers.....................:p

Yea, we arent friends and your biggest problem is that you think its YOUR 2nd ammendment rights and not all of ours.

I didn't give legal advice - if someone starts downloading illegal content without doin thier own research thats thier problem and not mine nor the "moral police". My point was that I wouldn't be supporting a buisness that searches bags.

You should change your avatar from the southern battle flag and replace it with the liberal emblem or just a plain yellow background with a chicken on the front.

Cheers and Thanks Joe for providing the ignore button;)

Nope I said it right the first time, I fight for my 2nd Amendment rights I do not rely on others to do it for me. But hey that's just me. So guess we aren't friends as you state and this is why I fight for "MY" rights I can't and wont rely on others that say they are friends and to help. But I am sorry you are offended so easily had I known I would have stopped asking you questions earlier.o_O . Be well and thanks for the insults glad we are all grown ups here .

:s0042:In regards to the OP topic, I will carry until they throw me out. But prefer not to patronize those that would try and prevent me from exercising my rights.

Nope I said it right the first time, I fight for my 2nd Amendment rights I do not rely on others to do it for me. But hey that's just me. So guess we aren't friends as you state and this is why I fight for "MY" rights I can't and wont rely on others that say they are friends and to help. But I am sorry you are offended so easily had I known I would have stopped asking you questions earlier.o_O . Be well and thanks for the insults glad we are all grown ups here .

I think if you look thru my posts and threads you will find that I am indeed not offended all that easily and generally get along with most on this board. You were not asking me questions that I can see, more making statements about how disturbed you are about my comments.

You happened to rub me the wrong way with your holier then thou attitude and comments. (If you'd ever met me you would probably rethink the soap comment - like I tell my daughters dates, I've not been to jail YET but certainly don't have an issue heading there for the right reason. The laws in this country are horrid) so I reacted negatively.

Generally, when I see someone post about another being childish it's because they (again) are trying to show how much better then the other they are - so reread some of your posts...

As far as the insults, my lineage goes all the way back to the original succession from the usa in Louisiana when that flag you advertise was the Bonnie Blue. So yes, when I see someone blindly falling in line with what I perceive to be the liberal/sheeple and flying the rebel flag it tends to get my hackles up.

Stop being a poser and jackhat over things that "disturb" your "law abiding morals".

And when you hit 1000 some odd posts I might start paying attention to your opinions - until then I'm happy with the ignore feature.

^ bickering aside! what does post count have to do with respecting someones opinions? All it means is one with a higher post count yaks on a forum more.

Was not to slam his opinion but after 1900 some posts, most of which are relevant posts with information, I have yet to deal with someone with his attitude. Being that he is new here, I figure he might be a better person to converse with after being around for awhile - it was not to indicate that things I have to say mean more then things he says.

I called BS on some of his comments and thats about it. If something was out of line then it should be reported to a moderator.

I went to sinister 2 tonight. My pregnant girlfriends cache of popcorn/2 sodas/m&m's raised the guys' brow, but he let us through. Of course I was carrying as well as everyone else on nwfa who has recently been to a theater.

I'm in Lewiston ( pretty much the Idahoy-ist part of Idaho ) and we are pretty much stuck with Regal if you want to see a movie at a theater... I've yet to see or hear of anyone here getting their purses or backpacks searched.
I have a sneaking suspicion that if they ever did any searches here, it would be to make sure you didn't forget your gun in the car. I'm somewhat certain that the local manager here knows the town...around here folks hold on mighty tight to not only their guns and bibles, but their wallets too.

upload_2015-8-26_0-13-18.png
True story:
Approx. 2 1/2 years ago I had to report for jury selection. While I sat in the courthouse lobby waiting, I watched the processing of the long line of 50-ish prospective jurors moving single file through the metal detector and past the guard . The third or fourth person through the detector set off the buzzer and the guard took her aside and wanded her. He found and briefly removed what looked like an LCR in her handbag and put it back in ... Handing back her purse, the guard said loud enough for all to hear, "I have the feeling that you may have left your headlights on Ma'am you may want to go check, I'll finish your screening when you get back".

There wasn't a comment from those in line at the sight of the gun.
Another woman and a man immediately left the line to "check their headlights**".

** I didn't follow them out so they may have actually checked their headlights.

Went to a movie yesterday afternoon. Same thing happened as the OP stated. Gal behind the glass says to my wife, "Ma'am, I need to check your purse. Could you open it please?"

I immediately asked, "What for?"

The gal says, "We are now required to check all bags, backpacks and purses."

Wife opens her purse and the gal behind the glass leans forward looking in. The gal says "thank you".

Being a little slow, and not thinking as quickly as I probably should have, we walked in and didn't question anyone or anything.

Really, what is the bag checking all about? Are the now looking for firearms or outside paraphernalia (candy, pop, etc)? Does anyone on here know for sure?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top