JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
the entire premise of universal background checks was sold under the premise that criminals use private sales to acquire guns, according to bloomberg 48% less gun "trafficking" in states that have passed UBS laws. (Source: http://everytownresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Background-Check-Fact-Sheet_70615-31.png)

For those of us that like to keep sources to debate and hopefully convince fence sitters of bloomberg lies I thought I'd share a study by the University of Chicago that clearly indicates criminals get their guns through straw purchases and other criminals. However what's notable in this study is it also indicates that criminals actually avoid acquiring guns through private sales.
While there may be guns available through private transactions, there are risks, both legal and physical. The result is that a private transaction may be difficult to arrange; the buyer and seller must find each other, and there may need to be assurances on both sides.
pg35

So many people have fallen for the UBC lies, including many gun owners. Share this with them then ask them if they are still not convinced UBCs are not a registration scheme. (we have to work in baby steps here...). What else are UBCs good for since bloomberg knows its not where criminals get their guns.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/276724037/Preventive-Medicine-University-of-Chicago-gun-study-August-2015

Another good way to go after Bloomberg is to emphasize that he is an elitist hypocrite. He has used his wealth and political connections to obtain carry permits for his armed bodyguards that are impossible for the common folk to obtain. He has even been able to get permission for his bodyguards to carry in Bermuda...which as part of the UK is basically a "gun free zone" where even the police are not routinely armed. If "gun free zones" are good enough for the unwashed masses they ought to be good enough for him also. Even people who are on the fence or indifferent to gun rights will get mad at a hypocrite.

A good talking point when the subject of "common sense" regulations get brought up is to remind people that Bloomberg has so little regard for the personal liberty and decision-making ability of the average citizen that as mayor of NYC he outlawed the sale of 32 ounce cups of soda as a "public health measure." If I am trying to sway the mind of an uninformed or non-gun person, I lead off with that fact first, and dwell on it for awhile before getting into specific gun issues that might go right over their heads or fail to have much of an emotional impact.

Well, many of these things were said back during the SB941 fight. The fact is that these politicians don't really care about whether BGC's work or not. In the end, they'll take the results of this study and use it to take the next step after BGC's. In fact, they'll simply state the BGC's obviously haven't done enough, we need to do more. We need to get guns out of people's hands altogether.

Unfortunately, the mindless drones that support these lunatics with their votes have no interest in facts either. Talk with them until you're blue in the face. Facts mean little to nothing to them.

This is a battle of ideologies - anti-gun vs pro-gun. So many people have already decided, regardless of studies or facts, that guns are evil, that it will be very difficult convincing a large majority to change their views. That said, I'll keep trying, one person at a time.

the entire premise of universal background checks was sold under the premise that criminals use private sales to acquire guns, according to bloomberg 48% less gun "trafficking" in states that have passed UBS laws. (Source: http://everytownresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Background-Check-Fact-Sheet_70615-31.png)

For those of us that like to keep sources to debate and hopefully convince fence sitters of bloomberg lies I thought I'd share a study by the University of Chicago that clearly indicates criminals get their guns through straw purchases and other criminals. However what's notable in this study is it also indicates that criminals actually avoid acquiring guns through private sales.
pg35

So many people have fallen for the UBC lies, including many gun owners. Share this with them then ask them if they are still not convinced UBCs are not a registration scheme. (we have to work in baby steps here...). What else are UBCs good for since bloomberg knows its not where criminals get their guns.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/276724037/Preventive-Medicine-University-of-Chicago-gun-study-August-2015

You seem to avoid the qualifer 'May' and immediately jump to an absolute conclusion.

Yes the criminal may have gotten their gun from another criminal. Though that other criminal may have gotten the gun from a private transaction.

I think debating the meaning of words used by another 'Is' pointless, as demonstrated by a past president.

Personally I think Bloomberg and the anti crowd use the publics fear factor to sell their 'Snake oil'. This is emotional. No amount of rationalization is going to counter it. It will take emotional material, like the NRA's 'Armed Citizen' stories to counter the Bloomberg/anti pontification.

That is my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Nothing is going to change until you get the media to tell the truth. Every assault story or knife attack that has a picture of a glockorized1911reddottedflashlasergun or one of those evilblackmorethan10bulletAK15AR22lr5560308's on the screen behind the person reading what they are told to read and every channel that has exactly the same look and story, the bloombergs will continue with the lying and get away with it. Just watch the, we won SB941 tv add with that piece of crap lying about how great everything will be now that we do background checks on people who aren't criminals in the first place. I try not to be a negative Nancy but it gets hard sometimes and then I rant. I'm sick of these lying pieces of human fecal matter, all of em. I'm done. Sorry !!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top