Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

refugee from NJ/CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SifuVicious, Oct 24, 2013.

1. SifuVicious

SifuVicious Vancouver, WA New Member

Hi all. I grew up in NJ, moved to CA last year, and relocated to Portland last weekend to start a new job after being unemployed for ~10 months. Really excited to finally be living in a free state.

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Welcome to Oregon, but make sure to speak out to those who want to make us less free. Remember to vote down anti-freedom laws.

3. SifuVicious

Will do. One thing living in CA has taught me is to contact my representatives regularly to make my views known about any pending firearms-related legislation.

4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. Remember to get rid of the CA plates so you get the finger less. ;)

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Make sure to join the Oregon Firearm Federation, they do a solid job at keeping people in the loop.

simon99 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

:thumbup: They also do a good job either lobbying or getting people to communicate with our legislature. I believe without them we might have seen a number of bad gun laws pass.

7. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

welcome to oregon home of the free californians

8. Classic

Classic Federal Way WA Well-Known Member

Congrats on the escape from Commiefornia!!!
    So what do you shoot? EDC? Welcome aboard

9. SifuVicious

Thanks, really glad to be here. What's sad is that between being unemployed and the political climate down south, I haven't been shooting in several months. Felt good to re-install a normal magazine release button on my rifle - I finished building it in NJ in early 2012 and had to cripple it when I moved out west. Until now, I've been too disgusted with it to shoot it much. No EDC yet, but I do plan on taking some classes and applying for my CHL once I get settled.