JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new to the milsurp rifle refinishing world and I need some advice on getting the right look for a rifle stalk. So far I have only refinished one rifle, a steyr m95, which turned out pretty good for going into it thinking about a table I refinished a while ago.
But anyway, I'm looking for a finish that is not too dark and not too light ( just right :D ) which also has a shine to it. This sounds real particular, but I have this image in my head for it that is perfect. If you guys could give me some info on what type of oil (tung, linseed, etc.) would be best, and what would give it that glossy look, etc. it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
JN

P.S. everybody likes too show off their babies so if you have any pics that you think would come close to what i'm lookin for, don't hesitate to post em'

I am on my phone so I don't have the link handy, but the CMP (civilian marksmanship program) Website has great info on this topic. They weigh the advantages and disadvantages of different finishes and give some really good tips for removing the old finish, dents, dings, etc.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top