JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I just picked up a new M9 recently and the finish work is absolutely horrible, yeah, I know people are going to say it's going to get dinged up and everything anyway but I tend to collect more so than fire my firearms so I'm interested in refinishing it and I found an M9 with a nice two-tone black and OD green finish and I'm curious to what it would take to refinish the frame and barrel. That's how this particular gun was set up and it actually looked like it was from some type of online shop.

Thanks

ber-j92m9a0mle-modg-fr-bbl-.jpg ber-j92m9a0mle-modg-fr-bbl-2.jpg

There are a lot of aerospace finish process companies up there in Kent who can either do it themselves or recommend someone. You might be able to get the Beretta finish spec from Beretta USA. It would probably be a couple hundred bucks lot charge to do it.

I don't know about your gun, but M9s traditionally had black anodized frames and painted steel slides. If the anodizing looks good on the frame, you might consider switching it up and getting the slide coated green.

The barrel is going to get scuffed by the slide no matter what the finish.

Yeah it has the traditional color scheme, it is the frame that has all the tooling marks and piss poor finish, I could probably ceracote it myself. I just don't know how well it would stick to something that has already been anodized and whether or not it needs to be bead blasted first.

Yeah it has the traditional color scheme, it is the frame that has all the tooling marks and piss poor finish, I could probably ceracote it myself. I just don't know how well it would stick to something that has already been anodized and whether or not it needs to be bead blasted first.
I would seriously warranty that.

Just a thought...

Wilson Combat specializes in Berettas too. And so does Langdon Tactical. I know Wilson does refinishing...not sure about Langdon. But you could check with both and see if they have and can do something you like.

Yeah, that awful paint finish probably has to be removed first. It looks baked on. Probably no need to redo the anodize (if they even anodized it, which I doubt).

Funny, I bought an M9 when they were on sale for the same reason you did (collector's item). The Beretta is a war veteran and part of history. I couldn't not have one. Several vets I know own them for sentimental reasons.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top