Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Refinished A Couple Guns

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by NorthernBornRebel, Jan 11, 2009.

1. NorthernBornRebel

NorthernBornRebel Keizer Member

First was a Sig Mosquito. Originally had a stainless slide on it. I didn't like the stainless, so I changed it:

IMG_2368.jpg

Next was my Colt 1911. It was blued but I didn't like the fact that every time I touched it, my figerprints were VERY visible, so I refinished it:

Colt1911.jpg

The Mosquito was done using OD Green from Norrells and the 1911 was done using their Semi-gloss black.

2. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

very nice, I really like the OD green on your sig!

Was that something you did yourself? how long did it take?

3. NorthernBornRebel

NorthernBornRebel Keizer Member

Took me a couple hours. Prep time is where most of the time was spent. Also it took a while to disassemble the 1911, spray all the individual parts, bake them and then reassemble.

4. mxitman

mxitman N. Seattle Member

Looks good! I just picked up an old revolver that needs to be refinished and I like the OD not sure if it would go good on an old revolver so I might try another color.

5. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

NorthernBornRebel,

Don't you know you should never put skull grips on a firearm? It makes you look like a blood thirsty, crazy person. ;)

Silver.jpg

SeecampPunisher.jpg

Nice work on the refinishing BTW. :)