JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a kimber eclipse custom II that has very few rounds out of it and overall the finish is in good shape. The Pistol is about 2.5 years old at most. I do not like the bright finish but like the gun a great deal. I am wondering how a dark finish could be applied - would cerakote work or other recommendations. I would prefer a solid black finish. I do not like a gun with a refelctive finish I have determined.

James Ruby

Best choice would be cerakote. Just make sure to take it to a good reputable shop. Good tight tolerances on that gun could cause issues if the coated over applied. Another option would be to find someone who can blacken stainless. Probably not as durable, but will still give you the same flat black.
I don't know about Portland, but there is a member here who coats up on the Olympic in Washington, and a few that coat over in the Bend, Redmond area...

Thank you all for the input - heck I have four 45's now _ I may just make it simple and trade it for a 44 magnum. I dont really want to screw the gun up but I am not a fan of the finish.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads