JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought an all weather Ruger 10/22 about 6 or 7 years ago. I put a aftermarket barrel on it and some other goodies. Fast forward to more recently, I put a Magpul Hunter X22 stock on it and really like the look and feel. But currently my receiver is the factory gray and my barrel is a gloss black. I think the entire thing would look alot better in some sort of satin/matte black.

I have never refinished a rifle before and I am not really interested in taking this on as a DIY project as I am a horrible painter.

That being said, are there any reasonably priced south Puget Puget area firearms restorer that anyone could recommend??

you have a couple of issues, the first one being the receiver: it is made from aluminum and cannot be blued like steel, it must be anodized or painted, the second is the barrel, is it all steel or is it lined?

You best bet is probably to have both of them cerakoted as one unit, they can do it in any color you can come up with

Try Mad Custom Coatings, I think they are in Bremerton (not cheap, but their work speaks for itself)

http://madcustomcoating.com/

I bought an all weather Ruger 10/22 about 6 or 7 years ago. I put a aftermarket barrel on it and some other goodies. Fast forward to more recently, I put a Magpul Hunter X22 stock on it and really like the look and feel. But currently my receiver is the factory gray and my barrel is a gloss black. I think the entire thing would look alot better in some sort of satin/matte black.

I have never refinished a rifle before and I am not really interested in taking this on as a DIY project as I am a horrible painter.

That being said, are there any reasonably priced south Puget Puget area firearms restorer that anyone could recommend??

For what it is worth, Brownells GunKote is a great choice for refinishing. One can also buy a small paint sprayer from Harbor Freight for about $10 that does wonders on small parts, but you'll need an air compressor. You may not be interested, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Edited to add:
You can get GunKote in an aerosol can as well
http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...kote-trade-oven-cure-gun-finish-prod1150.aspx

It's appropriate that KG Gun Kote comes in a spray paint can. For a proper better than factory finish on a 10/22 that will not fade, chip, crack, peel or melt with any chemicals I only recommend Cerakote H series ceramic gun coatings. Properly applied you have to gouge out the metal under it to remove it.

Click the link http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/resource/locator/ to find
local certified applicators near you. There is a whole list of local guys and as simple as a 10/22 is it shouldn't cost very much. I would call them all for prices and turn around times. I would ask about the warranty as well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top