Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

"Referreer" line mandatory to sign up?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by armedandsafe, Feb 28, 2009.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Moses Lake, WA Active Member

A friend of mine notified me this morning that he needed a "referrer" to sign up. Is that line mandatory, now? I don't remember what, if anything, I put on mine, as I picked up a link on another forum.

Pops

2. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

I don't think any sort of referrals are required to sign up.

3. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Maybe he was assuming he did when he saw that? I know I never really noticed it until AFTER joining and even then I only briefly wondered what it was and then, promptly forgot all about it. :dunno:

4. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Hmm, never noticed it. Maybe it was some tool for showing networking that joey found but no one uses.

5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Moses Lake, WA Active Member

I noticed it when I signed up, but left it blank as the link from another forum didn't have a good name tu use.

I think he just assumed it was mandatory and asked me. He gave me credit (thank you) and is now a member.

Pops

6. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

I can't remember what I applied with here, but I have found similar referral lines in applications to join other gun forums. I always write, "We don't got to show you no steenking badges!" and they always let me in......................elsullo :D