JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Howdy. There is a sand pit out Sparrow Park road that is big enough to set up 100yd targets. Sparrow Park rd is about 3 miles north of Reedsport on the west side of the highway.

There is also a gun club in Florence but I don't know if it is open to the public.

Shucks, im going to be gone this weekend or else you could come as my guest and shoot at Siuslaw Gun Club.....Sparrow Park Rd is pretty sketchy area, its a few miles before you get to a 'shooting spot', lots of tweakers and other wierdos down there probably wouldnt go there. Try Fivemile Road off 101, which is right before Sparrow Park Rd on the left as you go south. Lots of pulloffs close to 101 and its a better road (still gravel tho).

Problem with 5 mile is there no spots to shoot targets out to 100yds. Most of the side roads are gated so you can only shoot short distances. As far as the weirdos and tweakers out Sparrow Park rd, I rarely see anyone that I would worry about. Sparrow Park does have a lot of potholes so 5 mile rd is a better road to drive. Just depends on what kind of shooting you want to do, plinking or 100yd target. For plinking 5 mile would be the better choice.

Thanks for the replies! I was born in Reedsport and lived there until I was 12. I have a vague recollection of somewhere out Scholfield Road, but that was probably 25 years ago. I know where Sparrow Park Road is, and 5 Mile as well. They'd both be good spots for me, as I'm camping at Tahkenitch Landing. I'm going to be plinking with my .22 and .223 and also trying out a new gun (hopefully) so I'd like to get 100 yards.

Thanks for the help!

Greg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top