JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have not done it yet with H but i would not be skeerd to try. I was a little shaver when my dad gave me my first hunting rifle.
He hand loaded 30-06 with imr4895 and 110 grain spire points with reduced loads so us boys wouldn't build in a flinching habit. Seems to work fine, also caused a love for all things firearms in me!!!
I have no prob with this.....

I guess my answer is kind of reverse of what you asked....

I made the same reduced loads for my three kids and no issues, in fact at that time i didn't even realize there was a difference between the two powders, and i used them interchangeably

Matt

Last Edited:
Been running H4895 with 150 grain round nose bullets in my 308 at 31 grains. Gives about 2000 FPS out of my shorty barrel. Fun to shoot and plink with! Never tried it with IMR 4895, probably wouldn't myself....

I don't think it's recommended with IMR4895. That powder has different stability characteristics than H4895, due to a little different coating on the granules. I did look into it back in the post sandy hook reloading drought and decided against it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top