JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am redoing a 60 year old Marlin stock that was redone a couple of times many years ago. The checkering is in pretty bad shape is it possible to fix?
If the fix is to hard cause I am not a greatest working with wood where would you take it to have a pro do it?
Thanks for the help

I am redoing a 60 year old Marlin stock that was redone a couple of times many years ago. The checkering is in pretty bad shape is it possible to fix?
If the fix is to hard cause I am not a greatest working with wood where would you take it to have a pro do it?
Thanks for the help

Take it to Sherry in Colton, CUSTOM CHECKERING

I know many people who've had custom checkering done on shotguns and have been very happy with it. It's hand done and very high quality.

I don't think it would be possible to purchase new checkering tools to trace over the old checkering and have it work out well. The tool bits that cut the original checkering have to be matched to repair your checkering. The slightest variation in width would compound again and again.

Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads