Redoing the checkering on a old stock.

Bigbaddude

Reactions
I am redoing a 60 year old Marlin stock that was redone a couple of times many years ago. The checkering is in pretty bad shape is it possible to fix?
If the fix is to hard cause I am not a greatest working with wood where would you take it to have a pro do it?
Thanks for the help

Reactions
I am redoing a 60 year old Marlin stock that was redone a couple of times many years ago. The checkering is in pretty bad shape is it possible to fix?
If the fix is to hard cause I am not a greatest working with wood where would you take it to have a pro do it?
Thanks for the help
Take it to Sherry in Colton, CUSTOM CHECKERING

I know many people who've had custom checkering done on shotguns and have been very happy with it. It's hand done and very high quality.

Reactions
I don't think it would be possible to purchase new checkering tools to trace over the old checkering and have it work out well. The tool bits that cut the original checkering have to be matched to repair your checkering. The slightest variation in width would compound again and again.

Silver Hand

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Definitely recommended
    friendly people, great prices on guns ammo tools, jewelry, other pawn shop stuff, always been easy to deal with
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Responsive, courteous, great comms and absolutely reasonable!
    Bought a firearm from a local NWF's member and as I live in Idaho it had to transfer through a local FFL. The Seller picked A Cut Above... The...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Another sterling experience A+
    Tyler is a great man and this place is a treasure. Reasonable fees and excellent service. Kind and polite. No BS. I will keep coming back.
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great FFL Gun Transfers.
    Last Saturday morning. Me & the wife bought a pistol from another great Northwestfirearm's member. Meet up A Cut Above pawn shop. Wife had a...
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    TJ Gun Sales
    Needed some sights for a Glock 19. Found them here for a good price and free install. :)
Top Bottom