Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Redmond, WA - Car prowlers take registration to burglarize homes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ATCclears, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

They were doing this in Grants Pass a few years ago. Movie theater parking lot, look in cars until they see a garage door opener, break-in get registration and opener, hurry to house, open garage and gain entry to home behind closed garage door. Don't make it easy for them.

3. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

I don't keep the registration paper in a glove box, visor or any other place that has easy access. The opener goes in my daypack or gym bag.

The last time was pulled over (taillight bulb) I said I the registration is in the car, but its in the trunk because I don't want a thief to easily get it. The cop said to skip getting the registration.

But after reading this, I will also think about not leaving junk mail in the car.

4. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

Update. I sent this out to friends in email, and I got a reply back indicating that this happened in Woodinville too (they were at the movie theater in Woodinville, car broken into, and house hit immediately after).

Peter

5. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

That would be funny in my case when they get to my house and meet Jesus... the Rottweiler