Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Redmond gun show report

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by Just Jim, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

I thought it was a failure. While the guy that rented the fair grounds had to schedule early to get two rooms apperantly he didn't check what else was scheduled on the same day. Morning had lots of people and good sales but then everyone just dissapeared. Turns out there were thousands of people there for graduation cerimonies and the was no place to park for people attending gun show. We packed up the table and left.

2. fxdc

fxdc Da Valley USPSA, SPEED STEEL, IDPA, 3 GUN

That SUCKS

3. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Yep, pay for a table and travel 250 miles round trip only to have a loser of a show because it was not scheduled right. At least the promoter lost money too because nobody came through the door in the afternoon. He should have refunded half the table rent for not scheduling the show right. Half a day with 10 people in the show sucked big time.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  4. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I was wondering about that when I heard an ad for the show and knowing about graduation. Yep - the fairgrounds are tied up on the Saturday of graduation weekend. Bad call.

5. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

I picked up a couple of guns for a good deal on Saturday morning... Sorry you had a bad show, it was really good for me.

6. tdb59

tdb59 OR Active Member

Dates for use of the DCFE buildings are scheduled for months, or years, in advance.
    That said,

85 degrees and sunny in Central Oregon !

Gun shows are not in the top 10 of activities during the summer.
    I do not table anywhere during the summer, except possibly The Big Reno Show in August

YMMV

7. kc0yef

kc0yef Oly New Member

plus free fishing day