JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently received a red light ticket in Sherwood. Turned right on red. Did not come to a complete stop but rolled through the intersection since there were no other cars present.

I know that I'm "in the wrong" for not coming to a complete stop but has anyone had any luck fighting these? It's a $260 ticket...

I am not sure how things work in OR. You could see how Deferments work in your area. If it is a moving violation and you are worried about how it will effect your insurance rates a lot of places will change them to "non-moving" violations for a fee. Of course you can research your question on the internet and see what others have to say. If you are worried about the moving violation it might be worth a call to a traffic lawyer. Most will give you a clue if it is worth fighting on the phone.

I have used all the above options depending on the situation. I have a clean record but sometimes it has cost a bit more then the actual ticket. Still cheeper in the long run then having them on my record.

Like others have said, you may get a drop in the fine but dismissal wont happen unless you plead not guilty and then try and fight it.
The state of Oregon a few years back took the Fed idea and no longer let local governments dismiss the charges.
Although I have a commercial driver license and paid a fine but never was on my record, so not sure how all that plays out.
I digress............ Be honest and tell the truth and perhaps they will drop the fine.

===========================================================

I was in a traffic accident (my fault) a few summers back and was cited for reckless driving.
I was driving along doing the speed limit in a 35 zone and a driver 4 cars ahead of me did an emergency stop and I was slow to react and so rear ended the car in front of me.

I plead not guilty.

When I went to court the judge asked me if my insurance had paid out, of course it had, so the judge dismissed the charg.

How can you have been driving that car.. your friend borrowed it that day to help someone move while you were sick at home..right?

I hate those red light cameras. Have you ever watched the light change time with those photo monitored lights? They roll over to red faster than the other ones.

The next time you go through one just watch how fast it goes from green to yellow and quickly to red to catch the driver..
They also place those at intersections where there is more distance from the light to the lane than at others. At night, or with your car measure it.. they strategically place them where they know the most traffic goes through as well as other factor that'll get them more $$
Those photo enforced lights are a huge scam.

$260 for a California Roll? Good to know, I'll piss my wife off by insisting that she comes to a **full** stop from now on. I do it all the time and sometimes I get the idea she snickers a little over it.

Recently received a red light ticket in Sherwood. Turned right on red. Did not come to a complete stop but rolled through the intersection since there were no other cars present.

I know that I'm "in the wrong" for not coming to a complete stop but has anyone had any luck fighting these? It's a $260 ticket...

I got the same freakin ticket turning on tualitin /sherwood road....I called the courthouse and the lady was able to reduce it over the phone and iI just paid her over the phone..

There are magnetometer induction wires embedded in the road. Ever notice those square or round lines with epoxy filling the cuts.
Those wires measure the mass of metal in your vehicle when passing over them. The traffic signal switches are slaved to the red light camera computer.

I got the same freakin ticket turning on tualitin /sherwood road....I called the courthouse and the lady was able to reduce it over the phone and iI just paid her over the phone..

Best response so far. Thanks, I'm going to call tomorrow. Seems like the easiest route as I barely have time to even make it to the scheduled court date.

What if it was a long yellow light, you make a complete stop right as it turns yellow, see no cars are coming and turn right as it is turning from yellow to red? Im admiting I know nothing to how these work but they have to have flaws.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top