JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like a second one

20161224_171451.jpg

i had to have one of these as soon as the four inch came out. really needed a trigger job and the undersize cylinder throats opened up for lead bullets. lots of power potential for handloads like close range bear blasting but i only take it out on rainy days now because my model fiftyeights make it look like a ruger. it will never be a pin barrel s+w. ruger told me it was meant for jacketed bullets.

I like mine. The trigger leaves a bit to be desired, other than that it's a good gun. I usually load mid range, no ruger only loads, it has enough weight to soak up the recoil, lots of fun to shoot.

Yes! My 45 Colt/45 ACP Redhawk is my favorite!

It's big, heavy, and the double-action trigger is heavy. But my accuracy is great with it, recoil is gentle, and I just like the looks of it. Like Homeuser said, it gets pretty dirty when running lead bullets so I mostly shoot jacketed.

That reminds me, I need to buy some more 45 ACP clips for it...

I HAD a 5.5". Very accurate with loads it liked.
Carried it hunting ONCE. 14hr day. After ~4hrs, I took it off and placed in backpack. TOO HEAVY for all day carry.
crew served weapon comes to mind...

I called Ruger Customer Service regarding potential replacing LC cylinder with LC/acp version. They responded that they do not do that under any circumstance.
Years ago I had one of the Blackhawk 2 cylinder rigs; nice enough performance then, yet did not find I actually was motivated to make the switcheroo very often.
Given the huge variety of alternate LC recipes available it's not that much of an issue, although I'd like the choice if possible.
The one I was looking at was the LC version only.

I have the 4 inch convertible one. I love it. All my cast is powder coated. I have had no issues. I shoot from 200 to 300 grain bullets all day long. One gun that will be a permanent fixture in my collection

Please stop calling 45 Colt LC. LC is a totally obsolete term that should have died before the 1st World War.
Colt has never, not ever engraved or roll marked any of their revolvers with the totally wrong 45LC!
The whole US Army controversy about two different chamberings between the S&W top break #3 revolver & the Colt SAA has been DEAD for over 100 years.
Sloppy nomenclature is irritating.

I find it more useful to call LC, LC to differentiate it from 45ACP. 9 times out of 10 if you asked for 45 Colt, you would likely get handed ACP. Though I prefer my .454 Casull.

Hatman: while you are correct of course, I've been barraged by an endless supply of those pretending to be uninformed or clueless regarding the round. My intent was to avoid the confusion & drama so often attending such nuances. Thanks for your assistance.

I have had the Red Hawk 5.5 in .45 COLT for years, and it's always been a faithful companion, only recently being replaced on the hip with.........................
another Ruger, but this time a Old Army .45!

I learned as a youngster a LONG time ago the difference between the only 2 .45's, the ACP and the Colt, and the name "Long Colt" grates at me as well!
It's ether one or t'other, there is no other designation! if you have something else, like .455 or .454, you had better know the differences when you ask for it!
Most folks don't run into .45 Colt all that often, and most have never seen it, shot it, or even heard of it, so It can be a good learning opportunity!

ost folks don't run into .45 Colt all that often, and most have never seen it, shot it, or even heard of it, so It can be a good learning opportunity!
well that's sorta the entire point here, and always has been in the 45+ years I've favored them as well....come to think of it....it's been "45 LONG years" that such concern was clarified by one of my reloading mentors.

I've noted a number of previous encounters here on this very forum, where confusion ensued in such discussions. Just the other day someone in a local ammo store was perplexed by the very choice between 45 Colt/45 acp. Little did I realize there might be a career of Public Education possible in trying to light those lamps in the service of avoiding such turmoil.

In McCall, black bears were a constant factor, but now that I'm up North, again..the locals don;t see many and no Grizzly//
so my 10mms and .45 Colt Bond Arms, leaves me wanting a Ruger Blackhawk in .45 LC, or a more expensive and heavier REdhawk.All of you Patriots,,i.e. gun loving, freedom embracing folks are welcome to leave enemy lines and come to Idaho!
Const Carry for everyone! I have guns/gunstuffs for sale in St Maries.

61W-eS55a5L._AC_UX679_.jpg 2020-04-10.jpg

Yes, a 5.5 RedHawk in .45 Colt would be sweet. As would the 4 inch 45/45 of which I almost bought last year at
LOLO's.
All of you Patriots,,i.e. gun loving, freedom embracing folks are welcome to leave enemy lines and come to Idaho!
Constitutional Carry for everyone, except felons..and crazy people! I have guns/gunstuffs for sale in St Maries.

631907-c825fe6e10703889bd0e68bb0d772532.jpg

5.5" 45C only or 45/45. Doesn't matter to me.
Something about that gun and that round. Its like the modern update of the New Service.
They should just be together, and we all know it.

Who duh Ho?
I da Ho!

...I used to know a girl from Idaho. She taught me that one.....nice shirt!......:D

1588119859784.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top