JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$175
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
Sandpoint
State
Idaho
Selling one Redfield Palma target receiver sight set as used on the U.S. Army M24 sniper weapon system. This is an all steel Palma receiver rear sight with 1/4 MOA elevation and windage adjustments with a target aperature. The adjustments are crisp, the scales are easy to read and it is in excellent condition. The front sight is the Redfield International Match Big Bore front sight which is aluminum with a square post. If you have questions please contact me. Asking $195.00, $175.00.*************** Sale Pending 12/14/21*********************

IMG_3785.JPG IMG_3781.JPG IMG_3783.JPG IMG_3784.JPG IMG_3787.JPG IMG_3800.JPG IMG_3795.JPG IMG_3796.JPG IMG_3799.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
If I remember correctly, the M24 is a Remington model 700?
If I had a BDL factory drilled for iron sights, these should work as intended, shouldn't they?
Sorry for the probably silly question.

Thank you.

If I remember correctly, the M24 is a Remington model 700?
If I had a BDL factory drilled for iron sights, these should work as intended, shouldn't they?
Sorry for the probably silly question.

Thank you.
It not a silly question, but first I am not a gunsmith. These Iron sights were designed as a backup to the primary optics when used on the M24. There is a front sight base attached to the barrel and a rear sight mounting block attached to the receiver, both of which are fairly low profile as they were designed to be left mounted and still not interfere with the primary sighting system. Both the Palma rear sight and International front sight are designed to be attached reasonably quickly if/when needed, again when used on the M24.
These sights predate the M24 SWS and where originally designed for match shooting and Uncle Sugar decided not to reinvent the wheel and so used these excellent off the shelf irons as their backup sights. That is my understanding but don't quote me. I am sure there is information on the web that should help with your question, but you would need a front sight base and mounting block that will fit your rifle to attach these sights too. Hope that helps.

It not a silly question, but first I am not a gunsmith. These Iron sights were designed as a backup to the primary optics when used on the M24. There is a front sight base attached to the barrel and a rear sight mounting block attached to the receiver, both of which are fairly low profile as they were designed to be left mounted and still not interfere with the primary sighting system. Both the Palma rear sight and International front sight are designed to be attached reasonably quickly if/when needed, again when used on the M24.
These sights predate the M24 SWS and where originally designed for match shooting and Uncle Sugar decided not to reinvent the wheel and so used these excellent off the shelf irons as their backup sights. That is my understanding but don't quote me. I am sure there is information on the web that should help with your question, but you would need a front sight base and mounting block that will fit your rifle to attach these sights too. Hope that helps.

I forgot to mention that "OKWEBER" that would be the company used to sell the front sight base and rear sight mounting block for these sights and they werent very spendy, but I would call them and pick their brain. That would be where I would start.

Thank you for the info. I'll research it a bit.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top