JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After decades of on again off again production and changing hands, Leupold, Oregons own premier optic maker has purchased redfield and started making them again. first scope out will be a 3-9x40. msrp is $149, and has leupolds lifetime waranty. finaly, an american company is able to compete with the mid level imports at the same price point. i dont think they will be able to keep up with demand.

some specs.
http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProducts.aspx?brandId=1712

new website.
http://www.redfield.com/

Lets hope Oregon voters don't tax these businesses out of state.

SF-

Amen.

i'm super pumped about the new redfields! cant wait to get the 2x-7x for my 10/22

i've got a pre64'winchester 88 being refurbished, i think a 3x9 would look right at home. i'm also planning on a 222rem purchase. i havn't decided if i like the dm on the cz 527, or if i like the lower build quality and no warranty support on the rem 799, but a 2x7 would fit real nice.

I’m really excited about these and will be picking up a 3x9 for my Savage 30-06 in the next week or two. I stopped by Fishermen's this afternoon and took a look at one in person and it looked just as nice as I hoped it would. I am by no means an optics expert but the glass looked clear and crisp and the fit and finish was perfect.

The only one they had in stock was the 4-12 and the guy behind the counter said they have been going out faster than they can get them in. So has anyone on here purchased one yet and if you have let’s hear a range report.

The lenses for most high quality scopes are foreign, namely Japan. Its been true for some time now that they have some of the highest grade silica from which the lenses (glass) are made from. It would not be cost effective for each scope company to make their own glass. The true difference comes in the coatings that different companies apply to the lenses and how they are ground.

As for Redfield, I'd hoped that they would have thought about what made those scope distinctive and unique before them reintroduced them. I was wrong. People want the classic "wideview" scopes and other favortes. I would personally like to see them make a limited line-up to include and improved replica of the scopes the US sniper rifles used in Vietnam. That would be cool. I guess, for now, its just an attempt to make some bread and butter money using the Redfield name. Welcome back anyways to a grand name in US optics.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top