JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DSC04598.jpg
DSC04597.jpg
DSC04590.jpg

crayola1.png

I have used crayons in the past, works OK, and with 2 kids, I have a lifetime supply.

Heat with small torch or lighter to soften, rub into lettering, wipe off excess.

So I tried the nail polish method tonight. It didn't turn out how I expected, but it did work.

It did turn the areas I wanted white, but the areas around it where I rubbed the excess off with some acetone turned white.

I'm not sure if it's like excess from the white nail polish and I didn't get it out all the way, like some just got embedded into the finish, OR if the acetone started to strip away some of the original black finish and made it more of a hazy black, but not quite gray.

Maybe it's just the original oils or top coat on the top layer that just came off because I know a lot of them tend to look more dull and not as shiny as time goes on. Either way it doesn't look too bad, just a little cloud around the areas I did do.

Also on the lettering I did fill in, it's not 100% solid, there are some spaces where it looks like it didn't take 100%, almost like a pixel being out on your screen.

I think I'll try another coat tomorrow after it's all the way dry and see how that works. I'll also post pics of it then.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top