JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got back from watching Red Tails today with my Grandfather, Father and my Son, four generations. It was great. When we got out I asked my Grandfather if it stirred any memories. He was with B-25 bombers in the Pacific and was attached to fighters when he served in Korea. He remembers flak "scary" and flying on the deck during bombing runs he would get in the turret gun and shoot at jap gun enplacements. I have always enjoyed his memories. He turned 91 last week and is still in great health. Cheers to the "Greatest Generation".

My grandfather also recalled when he was attached to the fighters in Korea his squadron CO, a man he looked up to, was shot down on a mission. Recently on a family reunion trip in Texas where the CO was originally from he mentioned that he would like to get in touch with the family. As it turns out the CO's daughter lives in Washington State. My Grandfather was able to meet her in Eugene one day for lunch and tell her about her father and how much he respected him. She was not born until after her fathers death.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top