JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just stop when the light turns, not enter the intersection when the light is red. I go the speed limit, within 5 mph in town. I don't like people going through my hood at 10-20 over the posted limit so I don't do it in their hoods.
No APPs, detectors needed.

Mike
And this is the correct answer, MikeJ, and I agree with you 100%. My dilemma while commuting is that I'm forced to interact with other traffic while trying to obey the law. On a 3 lane freeway with 70 as a limit, 60 for big rigs, you will find yourself in the far right lane with those big trucks, a large number of which will want to go 70-75. So they shift over to the middle lane to pass you, those cars in the middle lane get over the far left "passing lane", those cars already in the left lane want to go 80+, so now there is bunching up, tailgating, lights flashing, middle fingers, etc. I've come to the conclusion that going with the flow while trying to maintain a safety buffer zone in front of me is the safest bet.

And this is the correct answer, MikeJ, and I agree with you 100%. My dilemma while commuting is that I'm forced to interact with other traffic while trying to obey the law. On a 3 lane freeway with 70 as a limit, 60 for big rigs, you will find yourself in the far right lane with those big trucks, a large number of which will want to go 70-75. So they shift over to the middle lane to pass you, those cars in the middle lane get over the far left "passing lane", those cars already in the left lane want to go 80+, so now there is bunching up, tailgating, lights flashing, middle fingers, etc. I've come to the conclusion that going with the flow while trying to maintain a safety buffer zone in front of me is the safest bet.

Oh yes! You'll note that I never said anything about the open road.....I go with the flow. It's much safer to break the limit with everyone else on the open road. You're not likely to get a ticket, and won't have people taking chances swerving around you on the right.

That's exactly what they told the judge.
The American Revolution put a stop to bowing and kneeing to royalty.
I believe judges carry insurance for these type of law suites brought against them.

Kudos to that couple. The root of the problem though, is that the taxpayers are always on the hook for these kinds of actions from those running the injustice system. In this case, $200,000 because a judge wants to act like a king.

That's exactly what they told the judge.
The American Revolution put a stop to bowing and kneeing to royalty.

Just wait until we hear more about the magnificent proposals on the way. Since gasoline tax revenues are less than expected, some Oregon legislators want to initiate a "voluntary" program where they track you via a GPS device, and then tax you on actual miles driven. Based on the success of the program, they may want to make it mandatory. The ramifications are beyond Orwellian crazy!

Some years ago in Seattle, a husband and his wife were protesting a radar speed trap in their neighborhood by holding up a cardboard sign warning the passing motorists that a cop was hidden around the corner and handing out speeding tickets.
Another cop spied their activity and arrested them for interfering with a police activity.
They claimed their right to free speech when arrested.
When they were arraigned in court, they refused to stand up when the judge entered the courtroom.
He was offended and ordered them to rise.
They told him that they were American citizens and that it was a civil courtesy to stand, not a law and they steadfastly refused to stand.
The judge ordered them to be put in jail for contempt of court and afterwards they filed suit against the judge and the county jail for false imprisonment.
They won their court case and were awarded over $100,000 each.
Every time I see a speed trap set up by the Portland police, I think about turning around and warning the unsuspecting motorists.

I flick my headlights at oncoming traffic after I pass a cop on the highway to warn them. I have heard of people being pulled over for this same thing but screw em....:D

A few years back,I may have slipped thru a red light,maybe.
A month later the city sent me a notice with a pic of the BACK OF MY CAR.
I go to court,my last name begins with B and the first on the list didn't show up,so I'm first.
Today's hearings are all camera tickets.
The judge calls me up,asks me if I have anything to say before we watch the video.
Pardon me? The video....we sent you a still of the video
Oh,yeah,I wasn't driving that car that day.I was on my motorcycle
Who was?
I don't know,a few friends have keys to it so they can borrow it if necessary
The judge is none to pleased.I turn around and see why,the whole court room is smiling,knowing all they have to do to get off is say the same thing.And the stenographer is smirking too,lol
Doubt many did,but it worked for me.
Now in Germany they take pictures from both ends so you are cooked

I thought traffic cams were ruled unconstitutional in WA? Of course progressive don't care about the Constitution. There was a libertarian candidate running for office who fought traffic cams in the Longview area. I think he won that fight.

I have beat two of these dang BS tickets in Lacey (the traffic cam capital of Washington). They sent them to me but I am only a co-signer on the daughters car so my name & address comes up, I downloaded a copy of a form (legal form) off the interweb (google traffic camera tickets), filled it out sent it in and was notified in less than a week that they dropped the claim!!!
Jackalopes are just revenue raping their constituents!!! Why most urbanites just fill it out and write a check without even looking at the big picture is beyond me, too complacent? I'm betting they are...

Its not a red light violation camera...it's a tin foil detector...in this case, just like your hat! Wait until you get a cite in the mail before you get your knickers in a bunch. And here's a thought...read the signage, know the laws and duh...don't violate them.

LOL - I recall reading an article about 10 years back about a photo radar van in AZ. They would park them on the side of the road and collect money from them until one day someone was in the van and they were shot and killed. Not funny that the person died but it was interesting to read that they had a world of trouble trying to figure out who shot up the van. There were at least 3 people who shot it all after someone who took a different approach walked up to the camera and stuck a pick axe through it.
I think it was San Diego that had to refund / eliminate all of the red light tickets for over a year. It was proven that after they didn't get the revenue results they wanted they substantially shortened the length of the yellow light.

LOL - I recall reading an article about 10 years back about a photo radar van in AZ. They would park them on the side of the road and collect money from them until one day someone was in the van and they were shot and killed. Not funny that the person died but it was interesting to read that they had a world of trouble trying to figure out who shot up the van. There were at least 3 people who shot it all after someone who took a different approach walked up to the camera and stuck a pick axe through it.
I think it was San Diego that had to refund / eliminate all of the red light tickets for over a year. It was proven that after they didn't get the revenue results they wanted they substantially shortened the length of the yellow light.
A bit more civil solution is park behind it and raise the hood of your car, as long as it's legal to park there.

Great video on municipal fines/tickets and how people are getting raped over minor mistakes. Been this way for a long time. Younger people (especially) just don't recognize how badly they are being victimized by the corporate state. That is because they've grown up under false freedoms from day one.

Ann Rand said it best about freedom -
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."

Personally I'd be fine with cutting gov services 95% across the board. They do nothing, but take everything.

Last Edited:
Some places people review the video and make the determination of it was intentional. Then they send it to an officer to review who issues the ticket. I've had the flash and never a ticket. Wasn't intentional.

I had the opportunity to watch the Salem PD review the red light photos. Was a volunteer/former officer/retired etc that watched the video a few seconds before and after the snap.

I was in the Mall 205 area tonight, needing to make a right turn. The traffic light was red for everybody throughout the intersection, and nobody was moving. I came to a complete stop, and when I knew everything was clear I proceeded into my right turn. Exactly as I started into the turn, the light turned green for me. Just that fast, a saw the big photo-flash go off on the red light cameras. I was the only car actually moving thru the intersection, so I can only assume the photo taken was of me. I knew I had done nothing wrong, but I went around the block to take another peek at the intersection to see if there was any chance I had missed anything like a no turn on red. There was nothing.

This is the third time this winter that I've had my picture taken for no reason. The other episodes never materialized into anything, and hopefully neither will this one, but it makes me crazy to think a big-brother robot could ruin my day with the flash of a camera for no reason.

WAYNO.
no worries, they filter these out, you will most likely not even be sent a citation, and if, you can send a letter back and be good

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top