JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a 10/22 with an aimpoint, I just can't seem to get repeatable results with the same ammo and conditions/distance, have thought of going back to irons for the short dist. i use it for, any thoughts?

Just wait until you hit 50 years.

Open sights / iron sights just don't work that well anymore.

Focusing is the issue and old eyes can't adjust. Hence, reading glasses become necessary even if you have 20/20 like me.

Red dots and longer eye relief optics become a real blessing - at least for this old man! :)

64 in early January and I have 20/15 but I need "cheaters" for close work. Just can't focus on the irons that well anymore. Red dots and lasers work for me.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I know guys who love red dots because you don't need to wear glasses for them to focus like they need for iron sights. Even on a handgun. The other nice thing about red dots is you don't have to be perfectly lined up from eye to front sight. You canstill aim with your eye at an angle. You can also target with both eyes open which comes in handy in certain situations.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top