Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Red Dot Sight

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Whaler, May 31, 2012.

1. Whaler

Whaler Sequim, WA Well-Known Member

I installed a Bushnell TRS-25 on my Ruger MKIII 22/45 today and can't wait to give it a try. I didn't have a decent hacksaw blade in the shop so I'll shorten the base after a trip to the store for new blades.

TRS-25.jpg

2. JackD

JackD Elmira, OR Active Member

I had one on my 22/45 and it was perfect. Light and easy to see the dot.

3. Hook686

Hook686 Northern California Active Member

Red dot sights can be a real plus on a MKIII. Just remember to turn off the sight at the end of your session. Better yet, remove the battery. Thos coin sized batteries drain pretty fast.

4. nick80

nick80 Portland New Member

should work out good

5. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

A Burris Fastfire or a knock off is also a good choice; fast acquisition of a target. For general plinking, a Millett multi-dot red dot is great. You can make the dot big for fast shooting or tiny for pinpoint accuracy.

Huge red dot fan. The cool thing about .22s is you can get by with cheaper models and clones because of the low recoil. Plus a $500 red dot on a $300 gun never seemed to make sense.

6. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

Lately I"ve become a red dot junkie !! lol I lov them on my .22's,and they will make a bulls eye shooter out of a new shooter in no time. my youing grand son can hit ANYTHING at the 50 yard berm with his.

7. KONE KILLER

KONE KILLER WASHOUGAL, WA Active Member

Nice! I love my Primary Arms red dot as well!!! Yeah, dont forget to turn it off. I was shocked at mine... I left it on overnight, but was amazed it still worked and has worked two more times out!

8. Cliph

Cliph Eugene Member

I find them used on Gunbroker sometimes for about $20, used and abused but still very serviceable.

9. WarpedWheel

WarpedWheel Newport, OR Member

I also have a TRS-25 on my Mark III and I really like it. It works very well!

10. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

I kept a red dot on my Mk III for awhile, but finally decided that since I shoot all my other pistols over iron sights, I should practice with irons too.

11. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

I have an UltraDot Pan AV on my Beretta Neos. Works very well.

12. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I have heard a lot of positive comments on the TRS-25. I wanna put one on my AK :D (on the front).

13. JackD

JackD Elmira, OR Active Member

I've used red dots of several brands and love them all. The only drawback I've found is that they tend to blot out the target in low light. It's hard to beat a scope in low light situations.