JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey All,
With my eyes getting older and wearing bifocal glasses or contacts I have been giving some thought to purchasing a M&P Pro CORE and mounting a red dot on top. Anyone have much experience shooting this type set up?

I have a Trijicon RMR on a FNP-45. I have a 13 MOA dot which is huge, works well for larger IPSC targets but not so much for target shooting.

Things to watch out for, the front of the sight gets really dirty, and some holsters don't work with the sight mounted.

The Trijicon RMR is the red dot I was most interested in. I figured I would have to get a new specialized holster. You say the front of the glass gets dirty? I wouldn't have thought of that. What made you choose the 13moa size? And now that you have shot the 13 how do you think the 3.25 or 6.5 adjustable would be?

Went with 13 moa because I wanted the fastest target acquisition. It's almost too big, I think I might go with a 9 MOA if I had the chance to swap it out.

The smudges on the sight is from brass strikes, I think it's an unavoidable problem with that setup.

Thanks for the good info! So, you shoot competition. Did you go to the red dot for speed only or were you having any difficulty with you vision. I gotta go to work, I'll check back later when I can.

I have a red dot on my Ruger MK III but not my other handguns. It's very accurate and a great way to get people started shooting that would otherwise have problems using iron sights. Lining up iron sights right and figuring out POI is difficult. Putting the red dot on your target is much easier.

I have 3MOA FF III on my M&P and PX4 on a Sight Mount rear sight. PM me for info.

2d017i1.jpg

r7oeig.jpg

2q04wgk.jpg

My inexpensive red dot (Sightmark) washes out on bright sunny days, no matter how high the intensity...I am told, but have not tried, a green dot set up. Supposedly they are brighter on a sunny day. Also, a more expensive red dot unit very well might be much more visible. Ya get what ya pay for!

I have a Docter sight slide mounted on the FNP as well. It gets extra special dirty when you shoot with a supressor, but it is pretty easy to wipe down. The light intensity is automatically set, and is sufficient in bright light, however if you are in shadow, shooting into a bright area it can be a little dim. I don't recall the size of the dot, but I chose the smallest available for accuracy.

I don't think it works as well as the larger C-more sight that I run on a para race gun. I think it takes a fair amount of practice to get used to small slide ride sights. I have had some new shooters complain about it vs. the iron sights.

I would try fiber optic sights in your existing guns before a new gun to have a slide mounted red dot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top