JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
looking for an affordable red dot for my marlin 22. rimfire nothing fancy, just for fun. i could just got with a tasco red dot for 33 bucks at wally world but i figure if i can spend an extra 20-30 bucks for something that will maybe hold its zero better it will save me a headache. Someone point me in the right direction please :) links appreciated

and i think i would prefer a 2 MOA

oh yeah, what kind of mount would i need for marlin 60, it has a dovetail type rail

I"M getting by just fine with my cheapie red dot,..minute of pop can no sweat. it will shoot bulls eyes pretty decently too.
weaaver makes an adapter mount for grooved recievers..almost nobody stocks them but the gun room in longview.

knowing what I now know,I'd save up for one with changble reticles,and maybe a bit of magnification,but then the price goes up there.
I bought a used one for 12 bucks shipped,and it works great. scour the classifieds,theyr'e out there.

we love them for plinking,point and click so to speak. the grand kid really likes his,looks cool and he shoots good with it.

You may want to consider the Millett Compact SP-1 redot. I think you can find them for around $80 now from Midway and they are nice quality. There may be places for even less money. 3 MOA is the tightest so that is a little bigger than you specified. I have one on a Mini-14 and like it well enough to buy another. www.millettsights.com

My wife and I put Nikon Pro-Staff Rimfire Classic scopes on our rimfire plinkers and like them a lot. I believe we paid about $100 each for them. Easier on "mature eyes" and better for precision shooting if that's what you are after. Just a couple of thoughts.

I think our bimart has the millet sight for about 60 bucks.
my aging eyes are ok with red dot for up close or LARGE far away stuff,but I too prefer a regular scope over the dot. The dots ARE fun tho.

Thanks for the advice, i will look at the millet red dot. When you say the gun room in longview, you mean bobs sporting goods right? there used to be a range in that place i think they called it the gun room. not sure. or do you mean THE GUN ROOM in Four Corners general store in castle rock? the gun room in four corners is awesome

oops, it's the gun SHOP in longview.on fifteenth,just a few blocks form the lake.
The Gun Shop of 1023 15th Ave, Longview, WA. Phone: 360-636-1230. Consign

doesn't look like much from the outside,but a neat place to look around.has some reloading supplies as well.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top